Never Forget: LL Cool J - "Headsprung"

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brougham...I was 'bout to dap until I saw you big up "Hush". EWWWWWWWWWW

As I said in the first post, as odd as "Headsprung" was comin' from Unc, AT LEAST it was song he said with his chest
and wasn't a part of that LL wave that was

"Imagine That"
"You And Me"
"Luv U Better"
"All I Have"
"Paradise"
"Hush"
"Freeze" (lmao, i'm crackin' up just typing the title of that mess)

Even saying that, "Baby" was fun for me because anytime somebody said the word
"baby" me and my dudes would say "OHHHHHHH!!"

It was one of the few good songs that was apart of that wave,Luv u Better was the other one.....meanwhile you hypin up this horrible record HeadSprung just because it aint a chick song:pachaha:

He had plenty of songs he said with his chest,they just wasnt singles....ill be damn if we gon hold up Headsprung as a shining example of the real LL:comeon:....when its him dumbing down at its finest,sound like corny ass Timbaland and Missy cowrote this shyt:mjlol:

This made me play the song... and I can easily hear this as a Will Smith song. Start it with "they call me big Willay"

Imagine if LL wrote this for Will Smith and for whatever reason will didn't use it. Probably because it was a little to misogynistic for his image:jbhmm:

Someone posted they didn't call him big L'ay or any of that other shyt .... but they did call Will Big Will/Willie :ohhh:

I always thought this song was very Will Smithish too:ohhh:?but even will probaly wouldve been more lyrical:snoop:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
It was one of the few good songs that was apart of that wave,Luv u Better was the other one.....meanwhile you hypin up this horrible record HeadSprung just because it aint a chick song:pachaha:

He had plenty of songs he said with his chest,they just wasnt singles....ill be damn if we gon hold up Headsprung as a shining example of the real LL:comeon:....when its him dumbing down at its finest,sound like corny ass Timbaland and Missy cowrote this shyt:mjlol:

Nah bruh...I ain't gonna let you diss the last true LL BANGUH one minute and then pump up "Hush" like that was the ish
without saying something.

I can't do it, mayne. I CAN'T.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens

I always thought this song was very Will Smithish too:ohhh:?but even will probaly wouldve been more lyrical:snoop:

Will would've had nikkas thinking Rakim ghostwrote it :lolbron:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Idgaf this ain't no listen in your headphones on the subway shyt. This that bag a thot in the club, and take a shot of some irregular shyt shyt. I've had legendary nights with this as background music
This is one of the few songs that I absolutely hate while sober. But get a few drinks in me and a dance floor near and it's one of my favorites. Especially since this joint dropped back when I was clubbin heavy and I just remember every spot I was at going crazy anytime this was thrown on.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This made me play the song... and I can easily hear this as a Will Smith song. Start it with "they call me big Willay"

Imagine if LL wrote this for Will Smith and for whatever reason will didn't use it. Probably because it was a little to misogynistic for his image:jbhmm:

Someone posted they didn't call him big L'ay or any of that other shyt .... but they did call Will Big Will/Willie :ohhh:

I can genuinely see this being the case

I am also genuinely surprised at how many people like this song

This came out when I was in Uni and the only people that liked it were white or asian

This is song is mad corny, when I saw the thread title and saw multiple pages I thought it would be an entire thread of people clowning this song

Reminds me of

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Never Forget is a thread series where you and I - your host, Taadow - revisit some hits that we may have stored in the attic of our minds. Today, Uncle L - "Headsprung".

"B-B-BUT WAS IT REALLY A HIT??"

Germany (Official German Charts) Peak: #80
Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade) Peak: #20
UK Singles Peak: #25
US Billboard Hot 100 Peak: #16
US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Peak: #7
US Hot Rap Songs Peak: #4

AFTERMATH:

This was a strange first listen - especially after the "They call me Big L-ie" chit at the beginning.
But it slap in the club, doe.

This was LL gettin' back to the LL we love best - Visor LL. LL with his shirt back on.
For the couple albums before this one he was doin' all soff singles instead of the LL
where he'd do one soft one, then one banger.

To me, this song was just LL tryna jump on the ultra popular Timbaland wagon at the time.

It wasn't great, but i guess it served it's purpose as an in the moment club song. :manny:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Was a song like this supposed to have lyrical jewels in it?

:manny:

I rocked w/ it, sure it's not LL in "I Shot Ya" mode, but I didn't expect it to be.