Never Forget: LL Cool J - "Headsprung"

Daps
Now we're saying Luv U Better is a classic? Wtf going on here. It's a vintage Neptunes beat but LL is still mad corny on it. No man should watch that video either. I just YouTube it to make sure we're talking about the same song and I made it about 10 seconds.

The last time LL wasn't corny was 96. Everything since :camby:

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
That's where Tim gets overrated...too much struggle rhyming on his joints
what fukks me up is tim will give absolute heat to sub-par nikkas, then get with somebody like Nas or Jada and fumble like shyt..partly cause they go to him for clear cut top 40 shyt..but still

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
One of the worst hiphop songs Ive ever heard,one of the most embarrassing moments ive witnessed from a hiphop legend....this is the point where you wish that guy named Canibus wouldve took LL out back and put him down like a sick dog:scust:...not too much more i can say about this horrible song,only praise i can give it is that its not Baby:mindblown:

You know you just disqualified yourself from goat discussions with this one right?one of the few times i want to know a ghostwriter was behind one of our legends,please tell me LL aint write this shyt "While mama play bingo she rides mandingo":mjcry:

All my fatherless nikkas,be glad you dont have a pops,must hurt to see a nikka who was once one of the coolest in the world,get old and become somebody you can only give the :scust: look at they every movement....glittered shirts,backwards hats,wack corny lyrics, facial expressions that tell you he really thinks these songs is the shyt....nikka you made Im Bad,Smokin Dopin,I Need Luv:childplease:?

Hush was good though:pachaha:,mostly because of the beat and hook....Timbaland need to die too,ornat least dont make no more hiphop tracks....whenever a thread is made about this song,i promise ima be there to tell you how horrible it is,dont think ive missed one yet.

HATED this song, this whole shyt and the visuals looking like a chinese bootleg version of usher's yeah. With those shytty ass blue lights in the background. Even his voice sounded fukked up sounding like a mix of LL luda and shyne. He look like he drank too much and forgot they was shooting a video the next day.

It's like watching one of your favorite actors end their career by starring in a shytty ass low budget corny plot movies, you can just see it in his eyes he don't want this shyt, he just needs more money :bryan::flabbynsick::dead:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
llcoolj.gif

"Ain't nothing like putting vanilla ice cream on your chest... and letting it melt down to your genitals"

:deadrose:

jelanitsunami

i got like 6 names I can be anybody
Daps
Ok i was like 9 when this dropped so i didn't notice how mid LL's rapping was on this song until now but the beat and hook is still fire. Honestly J Kwon or Chingy could've dropped this at the time and it would've been a hit just off the strength of Timbo.

Also LOL @ ppl saying this is when LL started reaching like he didn't drop the atrocity that is "Deepest Bluest" years earlier than this. Pretty much every LL single post "4, 3, 2, 1" was a somewhat corny attempt at radio (Luv U Better is still great though). Me and my dad still laugh at how cringeworthy "Control Myself" and "Ratchet" were

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Also LOL @ ppl saying this is when LL started reaching like he didn't drop the atrocity that is "Deepest Bluest" years earlier than this.

Bruuuuuuuh...I had forgot all about this mess.

Nicca said his hat was like a sharks' fin. Yuck.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
Mane...you can tell who was outside and who wasn't. I remember this song putting the battery in my back to go and play with somebody weave in the dancefloor. That call and response part tho...:wow:

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
i know the old heads love him but for a long time ll been corny w/ light bars. id give most of the props to its production. i actually checked for this album back in the day b/c of timbo

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Headsprung was hot but not so much because of LL.

Timbaland should have released an instrumental LP back then. I know it's not as much money in it as giving beats to Jay & LL, but it would have been a classic instrumental LP like nothing else.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Headsprung" was nice, but carried by the beat. That song would've been a dope comeback for Will Smith though. Sounded like it was meant for him. A year later, Polo gave Will something similar in "Party Starter":

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Timbaland should have released an instrumental LP back then. I know it's not as much money in it as giving beats to Jay & LL, but it would have been a classic instrumental LP like nothing else.

I don't know why he never did it. Would've been huge and possibly opened up a whole other lane.

I also never understood why Timbaland never went the Khaled route. Tim's Bio was kind of like a Khaled album, but the kind of Hip Hop, R&B and Pop mash ups Timbaland could've came up with would've been crazy.