Never Forget: LL Cool J - "Headsprung"

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
This song is on my personal list of songs that ALWAYS get played at a bar/club and ruins my vibe every single time. Straight walk off the dance floor status. My friends know it too.

The other ones:

"All I Do Is Win"
"Ball" by T.I. and Lil Wayne

Just so bad...LL himself doesn't even seem to fukk with it.

Went to a taping of his show on Spike and the DJ played it while we were on break. Mid-first verse, he was like, "Nah...nah. Cut that off and play that ASAP Ferg. That's my favorite joint right now."

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Hated this shyt, along with that embarrassing techno sounding song he had with JLo

What about this tho?

Straight up flip off;

LL a respected hip-hop legend & pioneer, but i didnt like him being apart of this with the culture vulture. Yes, J Lo been a vulture. Spotted it
when she first came out. Her being "rican" dont mean shyt. She aint "Joey Crack", "Big Pun", "Terror Squad" etc type of rican anyway but was tryna act like she was to sell to that demographic. Just like she was on that "latin pop" wave when she came out '98-'99.

Edit: Yes, i know theres an old school joint

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
LL tries too hard to keep with trends sometimes that he ends up playing himself out. This is one of those moments. It worked to keep him relevant but it was wack.

i hated this song...i think this shyt is where i stopped looking for any LL songs...shyt was wack

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
What about this tho?

Straight up flip off;

LL a respected hip-hop legend & pioneer, but i didnt like him being apart of this with the culture vulture. Yes, J Lo been a vulture. Spotted it
when she first came out. Her being "rican" dont mean shyt. She aint "Joey Crack", "Big Pun", "Terror Squad" etc type of rican anyway but was tryna act like she was to sell to that demographic. Just like she was on that "latin pop" wave when she came out '98-'99.

Didn't mind that one at all. Definitely one of the better female oriented songs

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What about this tho?

Straight up flip off;

J. Lo is a vulture because she said her music wasn't of Black origin, yet featured Black artists on her songs and sampled Black artists. On top of that, she had Black writers, producers, fans, and lovers.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps

I was talking about rap wise. Of course i knew it was an old song. But even how the vocals are layed on the song between them 2 rap joints are identical. So its obvious they bit it straight from Kanes joint. Then obviously 2 (3 if you count Spins little vocals, but she aint really a rapper) rappers and singers on the hook.

J. Lo is a vulture because she said her music wasn't of Black origin, yet featured Black artists on her songs and sampled Black artists. On top of that, she had Black writers, producers, fans, and lovers.

True true.

Malt-O-Meal

Banned
Daps

Not to mention the black women who were the actual singers on her songs since J. Lo can't sing. Ex. The "I'm Real" single ft Ja Rule was actually Ashanti's vocals and on "play" Christina Millian was the vocalist.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
One of the worst hiphop songs Ive ever heard,one of the most embarrassing moments ive witnessed from a hiphop legend....this is the point where you wish that guy named Canibus wouldve took LL out back and put him down like a sick dog:scust:...not too much more i can say about this horrible song,only praise i can give it is that its not Baby:mindblown:

You know you just disqualified yourself from goat discussions with this one right?one of the few times i want to know a ghostwriter was behind one of our legends,please tell me LL aint write this shyt "While mama play bingo she rides mandingo":mjcry:

All my fatherless nikkas,be glad you dont have a pops,must hurt to see a nikka who was once one of the coolest in the world,get old and become somebody you can only give the :scust: look at they every movement....glittered shirts,backwards hats,wack corny lyrics, facial expressions that tell you he really thinks these songs is the shyt....nikka you made Im Bad,Smokin Dopin,I Need Luv:childplease:?

Hush was good though:pachaha:,mostly because of the beat and hook....Timbaland need to die too,ornat least dont make no more hiphop tracks....whenever a thread is made about this song,i promise ima be there to tell you how horrible it is,dont think ive missed one yet.