Netflix lost 100k subscribers this quarter

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
netflix streaming service was never meant to be this. for on demand access to most good movies, you still need their DVD service or you have to do an on-demand rental from someone like amazon, itunes, cable, etc. there is no way a company could support a streaming access to every movie (by that i mean things people want to see, not the no name, c list movies that fill netflix and prime) all the time and at the same time plan.

i don't think it's too much to ask that there are a few steaming services that offer bigger amounts of content across studios (like music streaming), but people also have to realize for the good/first run stuff, or old stuff, you either need to own it or rent it one-off. people are asking too much for netlix to have every first release movie, the dope shyt you grew up on, their own content, and all the content from all the studios

I just subscribed to Netflix recently to see what they hype is all about and I am disappointed. I thought this was the company that put Blockbuster out of business? I see no current new release movies to stream outside all that straight to video bullshyt. I do say those adult cartoons are the only programming I been watching on it.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i just logged in and clicked new releases and saw what they have to offer.

i'm not surprised.
This, only reason i still have netflix is because i use my fams account. but realistically, haven't found shyt i want to watch in like 2 years. except for the dave chappelle specials.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
This, only reason i still have netflix is because i use my fams account. but realistically, haven't found shyt i want to watch in like 2 years. except for the dave chappelle specials.

you're missing out,:francis: they got a lot of good content:wow:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Added 2. 7 mil

Yet the article about 100k who left:dead:

I swear mane:dahell:

2.7 overseas, which was about half of what they thought they would get.

The Netflix model, with all of their debt, is predicated on sustained growth. "Only" adding 2.7 internationally when you expected 5 million and losing 125k in your home territory ain't exactly promising news with content heavy competitors about to enter the market you currently dominate.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Netflix has better OG content than Hulu but Hulu shyts on Netflix with current airing and past TV content. This is a big deal when you look at its competitors.

Amazon has solid originals and has amazing value add with Amazon Prime.

HBO has the best OG content.

Now we got Disney who will be taking content from Netflix and will have the best OG content in the streaming arena.

So the issue is Netflix will have to battle all of this with there biggest value add being original content yet there original content wont be able to compete with HBO or Disney.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
2.7 overseas, which was about half of what they thought they would get.

The Netflix model, with all of their debt, is predicated on sustained growth. "Only" adding 2.7 internationally when you expected 5 million and losing 125k in your home territory ain't exactly promising news with content heavy competitors about to enter the market you currently dominate.
They talked that same doom shyt for Amazon for years:francis:

Netflix will be already

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
The End of the F***ing World
Travelers
Mindhunter
Altered carbon
Santa Clarita Diet

lost in space
Godless
ozark
Out of all those i was only interested in Lost in Space. it was pretty good too, but they still haven't renewed for a second season. :unimpressed: