Netflix lost 100k subscribers this quarter

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile

I wonder how many of them are from Latin America. They began to implement the "no account share" rule in some countries (including Chile, where I'm from) and they will begin with others (including Argentina) and the only response I've read is pure hatred towards Netflix :pachaha:

Now, that doesn't necessarily mean people have actually stopped paying for Netflix over here but I'd love to know how this new rule has affected them.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
They saying its a WIN that they only lost 1M:yeshrug:

Shares of Disney, Paramount, Warner Bros. Discovery all closed higher and continued to gain in after-hours trading when Netflix, the dominant streamer, lost fewer subscribers in the June quarter than it said it would.

Netflix clearly led media shares as its battered stock surged nearly 6% during the session and gained more than 7% after-hours. In a pill of first quarter announced in April, Netflix lost net subscribers for the first time in years and anticipated a steep dip of 2 million more for the latest three months — sending Wall Street into a tailspin calculating the costs/benefits of streaming. But it only lost 970,000, or less than half of what it predicted, and said the number will turn positive in the current quarter.

The relief on CNBC was palpable and spread. Disney, which jumped more than 4% by the close, gained another 2% in late trade. Warner Bros. Discovery rose 3% for the session, then another 1.4%. And Paramount gained 2% plus 1% after-hours. Netflix reported numbers after the closing bell.

The streamer’s shares lost a whopping 70% in the first half of 2021, wiping out billions of dollars of value, so it has steep road back with Wall Street keeping a laser focus on streaming economics. Last quarter, co-CEOs Reed Hastings and Ted Sarandos attributed slowing growth in part to increased competition, as well as smart TVs, account sharing and competition. Macroeconomic factors are weighing on its business, as they are on most sectors. Netflix today called out exchange rates in particular as the dollar surges against the euro and other currencies. Nearly 60% of its revenue comes from outside the U.S..

The company is launching an ad-supported tier early next year and will start charging a small fee for account sharing in 2023. It expects to add 1 million subs in the current quarter.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
They saying its a WIN that they only lost 1M:yeshrug:

Shares of Disney, Paramount, Warner Bros. Discovery all closed higher and continued to gain in after-hours trading when Netflix, the dominant streamer, lost fewer subscribers in the June quarter than it said it would.

Netflix clearly led media shares as its battered stock surged nearly 6% during the session and gained more than 7% after-hours. In a pill of first quarter announced in April, Netflix lost net subscribers for the first time in years and anticipated a steep dip of 2 million more for the latest three months — sending Wall Street into a tailspin calculating the costs/benefits of streaming. But it only lost 970,000, or less than half of what it predicted, and said the number will turn positive in the current quarter.

The relief on CNBC was palpable and spread. Disney, which jumped more than 4% by the close, gained another 2% in late trade. Warner Bros. Discovery rose 3% for the session, then another 1.4%. And Paramount gained 2% plus 1% after-hours. Netflix reported numbers after the closing bell.

The streamer’s shares lost a whopping 70% in the first half of 2021, wiping out billions of dollars of value, so it has steep road back with Wall Street keeping a laser focus on streaming economics. Last quarter, co-CEOs Reed Hastings and Ted Sarandos attributed slowing growth in part to increased competition, as well as smart TVs, account sharing and competition. Macroeconomic factors are weighing on its business, as they are on most sectors. Netflix today called out exchange rates in particular as the dollar surges against the euro and other currencies. Nearly 60% of its revenue comes from outside the U.S..

The company is launching an ad-supported tier early next year and will start charging a small fee for account sharing in 2023. It expects to add 1 million subs in the current quarter.

right because they projected 2mil last quarter
and they said they predict they'll get 1 mil next quarter so they're saying it's just a seasonal drop basically

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
What other choice do they have? Other streaming services are eventually going to follow suit as content isn't cheap to produce or obtain. I keep trying to tell people that this was the exact reason why cable was created, but they kept insisting otherwise :sas2:

TELL YALL?

I WAS NEVER A CORD CUTTER ADVOCATE.

:devil:
:evil:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
It's this stupid "grow every quarter until you become a monopoly" model that Wall Street keeps rewarding needs to die. All we end up with is uber rich gateway services
Just a bunch of damn greed. If these were pro sports team owners they would be trying to blow up the team every year even after winning the NBA Finals because they didn't win enough games in the regular season. "Only won 73 regular season games? Not good enough. Going to need you to win 82 games next year ... Congratulations on winning 82 games. Now I'm going to need you to win 90 regular season games. I don't want to hear this nonsense about it being impossible. Just do it you fukking motherfukkers."