Netflix got another one: Stranger Things starring Winona Ryder

HDKG_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Freebandz , OHIO
Just finished....

That ending :damn:

Will puking up countless of these lil invincible, scary muthafukkas and not telling nobody:damn:

EL byke:blessed:

Jonathan didn't get the girl:ohhh:

Homeboy did put in work with that bat though:patrice:

shyt was like Stephen King mixed with Goosebumps, Goonies, Super 8, etc.

shyt was like a 6-7 hour movie:banderas:

Drop season 2 next week please:sadcam:
Damn did I miss something, El is Back? lol i gotta watch the last ep again I think

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
there were even a couple easter eggs

-11's mothers sister scene when she referenced "have you ever read a steven king novel?"
- the book in Mike's room titled Ghost Stories

they literally picked apart many sci-fi classic books and films and amalgamated it into one film
I had to pause and double take that book! I used to take Great American Ghost Stories out of the library every couple weeks :mjlol:.

Librarian would give the :usure: stare every time :russ:.

This show captured so many childhoods from that time period perfectly.

It would've been easy for this show to just be lip service and nothing more. It's easy to capture the visual aesthetics of a time period but to perfectly encapsulate also the FEELING that those movies gave you as a kid is why this show has incredible promise.

Coen Brothers, Wachowski (siblings???), Russo brothers, now the Duffer brothers can be inducted into the pantheon of the best brother writer/directors in TV and Film.

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Just finished it, incredible season.

Why did the cop leave waffles in a box in the middle of the woods though? :dahell:

Will season 2 be a entirely new story (Like Fargo or True Detective) or it will continue the current story?

When government lady murked the dude in the Diner had me like :damn:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
the sling shot shyt at the end, was that in reference to the ending on "IT"?
definitely, and like someone said, firestarter. above all else, FS is the father of this show

the IT reference is double-layered too, because stephen king using the slingshot is an obvious reference to david defeating goliath. and the idea of a "shadow vale" is reminiscent of hebrew mythology of the afterlife, pre-judgment day. low key a lot of biblical references in this thing, directly or indirectly

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Just finished it, incredible season.

Why did the cop leave waffles in a box in the middle of the woods though? :dahell:

Will season 2 be a entirely new story (Like Fargo or True Detective) or it will continue the current story?

When government lady murked the dude in the Diner had me like :damn:
for eleven!

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Damn did I miss something, El is Back? lol i gotta watch the last ep again I think

I think they were hinting it with Sheriff putting the food in that container in the woods along with him secretly getting in the car with the department of energy people, remember he had an agreement made with them to keep the kids safe?

the easter egg is him putting the eggos in there, since El be eating the fukk outta them :heh:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
poster is fire

strangerthingsposter.jpg

we're in the golden age of television bois
The intensity of this poster reminds me of the Exorcist.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
so i guess the interdimensional being is somehow creating enough energy to travel through dimensions to feed/and provide safety for their eggs. I wonder how it creates that much energy. Or can it just travel interdimensionally without breaking spacetime?
That's a good question. Or maybe the hole is open from its side and it can see the tear more easily. Think about how other animals see in different light spectrums.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Just finished....

That ending :damn:

Will puking up countless of these lil invincible, scary muthafukkas and not telling nobody:damn:

EL byke:blessed:

Jonathan didn't get the girl:ohhh:

Homeboy did put in work with that bat though:patrice:

shyt was like Stephen King mixed with Goosebumps, Goonies, Super 8, etc.

shyt was like a 6-7 hour movie:banderas:

Drop season 2 next week please:sadcam:
I'm betting John x Nancy in season 3

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I think they were hinting it with Sheriff putting the food in that container in the woods along with him secretly getting in the car with the department of energy people, remember he had an agreement made with them to keep the kids safe?

the easter egg is him putting the eggos in there, since El be eating the fukk outta them :heh:
yeah El isn't dead, i think thats why Hopper put the eggos in there abd was stealing food from the xmas party

My guess is that shes stuck in the upside down world. And cant create enough energy to cause riffs like the creature could. People in the upside down world could interact with objects... Like the house is there just not the ACTUAL house thats in the real world... Same concept with the food in the box i think. Im almost sure shes at Mikes house in the upside down world. I also think the creature itself is either dead or somewhere else maybe, since its no longer creating riffs but the offspring is still alive

Last edited: