They could've made this into a 2hr+ Netflix movie tbh

The Duffer Bros. combined a bunch of 80s cult movies into one tho lol

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I feel bad for laughing:mjcry:

:deadrose:

I thought breh nicknamed the chief Mel Gibson because that's the only way his sentence could make sense:pachaha:
See, I was thinking along those lines too. Like maybe Mel had played a character and I didn't recognize him or something. :heh:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Finished it

It was ok,the acting was great(outside of some parts from Wynona :scust:)

The atmosphere/cinematography was great

The score was great

Only problem i had was with the actual story but most horrors have shytty stories so i wasn't really surprised

7/10 :ehh:

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Im sorry but this is what true detective season 2 should've been.

The Steven King theme, the lovecraftian framing. That homage to Spielberg. :banderas:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Finished it

It was ok,the acting was great(outside of some parts from Wynona :scust:)

The atmosphere/cinematography was great

The score was great

Only problem i had was with the actual story but most horrors gave shytty stories so wasn't really surprised

7/10 :ehh:
Yeah, this is exactly how I felt. The acting was on point. I loved everything surrounding this show. The music, the way everything looked. It just oozed 80's goodness. But the story itself was just ok to me. Nothing special. I feel like that is really where they have the most room for improvement. In season 2 if you give me everything you gave me the first go round, and the story gets a bit more interesting, then you are going to have a really great show on your hands.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
This was dope, i 2nd the Stand By Me comparison. The story lightweight reminded me of Twin Peaks, not the feel of it though. The writing didn't have as much character/humor/insight as the shows it drawed from IMO, the acting definitely carried it above the material though. Eleven is a great character, all of the kid characters were good but the writing itself seemed to be from their perspective for better or worse. The show asks few questions of the audience, smartly though they cut the fat and kept it to 8 episodes so that before the lack of depth became a problem the atmosphere was still keeping my interest.

:ehh: This was solidly entertaining, not sure Id want a second season though. It doesn't have the depth that Twin Peaks or even the X Files had, it's also not as drawn out as either of those shows though so it's a little easier to rewatch in that sense. I think it works as a one-off so either way this is good work by the Duffer Brothers.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
. The show asks few questions of the audience, smartly though they cut the fat and kept it to 8 episodes so that before the lack of depth became a problem the atmosphere was still keeping my interest.

:ehh: This was solidly entertaining, not sure Id want a second season though. It doesn't have the depth that Twin Peaks or even the X Files had, it's also not as drawn out as either of those shows though so it's a little easier to rewatch in that sense. I think it works as a one-off so either way this is good work by the Duffer Brothers.
That's Ok with me though. I have shows like Mr. Robot for that.

Modern TV is like golden age hip hop. There's a wonderful variety of different styles for your particular mood that day.

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
THE GUYS THAT DID THE SCORE OF THE SHOW

Digging The Music of "Stranger Things"? Meet Survive - Bloody Disgusting!

This past Friday brought the first season of Netflix’s new original series “Stranger Things“, the mystery thriller that is inspired as much by John Carpenter as it is by Steven Spielberg. Set in the 80’s, the show oozes with nostalgia both in its visuals as well as in its soundtrack. Both the original score and the licensed tracks are total throwbacks to the days of synth glory, although the latter loves to delve into the punk and rock of the time as well.

If you’re anything like me, then you’re loving the original music of the show, which is composed by Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein. Looking them up on IMDb doesn’t really offer much as this seems to be their first foray in Hollywood. However, this definitely isn’t their first rodeo when it comes to music. In fact, they’ve been doing it for a while in their experimental synth quartet S U R V I V E, which is based out of Austin.

With releases going as far back as March of 2010, the group has been issuing their own albums and EPs for several years, each offering something mysterious and haunting. Truly, if this music of “Stranger Things” is calling to you and tugging at your emotions then you need to acquaint yourself with S U R V I V E.

Below are some samplings of their music but you can order what you’d like through Bandcamp. Additionally, the quartet signed a deal with Relapse Records, who will be releasing their second full length album later this year.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited: