Nelly’s Low-Turnout College Concert Goes Viral As Video Spreads

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
its funny the nelly apologist are saying its an age thing its just that Nelly moved on from "black music" in his career and never looked back. Most of his hardcore fans are going to be white gen x women and their offspring.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
its funny the nelly apologist are saying its an age thing its just that Nelly moved on from "black music" in his career and never looked back. Most of his hardcore fans are going to be white gen x women and their offspring.
2 things can be true.

M4T

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, Florida
Nelly stills streams 19 million monthly on spotify, people are still playing his music. Ludacris streams are only at 6 million monthly.
Yeah he streams more than most new rappers, even his latest single is sitting at 244 million streams from 2021 , that's quite impressive when he came out 20 years ago. Ride with me , dilemma, and hot in here are Michael Jackson status songs. You could play those song for any age crowd and everyone knows them. 50, Em, Nelly and Outkast are in a lane of their own. They have real number one songs that stayed number one for almost the whole year,not these manufactured hits or force fed tik tok dance number ones

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Yep that would've been his best bet. He had to know that his career was a fleeting thing because hip hop didn't really like that "big poppy" thing he was doing at the time and he wasn't an MC like that. But he sold tons of albums I hope he at least still got long bread. He should be in Snoop or 50 territory as far as just a personality cause the whites loved them and they both made a splash when they first came out. But the whites still need to know if the blacks fukk with you like that, which we still do for Snoop and 50. If not then hello MC Hammer status.

Nelly nvr c00ned on TV, always stayed true to himself

leoc

All Star
Daps
Yeah he streams more than most new rappers, even his latest single is sitting at 244 million streams from 2021 , that's quite impressive when he came out 20 years ago. Ride with me , dilemma, and hot in here are Michael Jackson status songs. You could play those song for any age crowd and everyone knows them. 50, Em, Nelly and Outkast are in a lane of their own. They have real number one songs that stayed number one for almost the whole year,not these manufactured hits or force fed tik tok dance number ones

Exactly what I came to say.

This is where the value of classic music comes into play.

Nelly’s music aged like shyt. It’s not timeless music that can be passed down to generations.

the dualities :pachaha:

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Nelly is a hit maker but we don't know much about him outside of that and being with Ashanti.

He has no story and without a story, you can't become a beloved celebrity who has fans for life.

Plus Black women soured on him when that Tip Drill video came out.

I think his sister even got caught up in the drama when she was sick and looking for a donor.