Nelly’s Low-Turnout College Concert Goes Viral As Video Spreads

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Nelly is not as big as he and the coli think he is.

Hejust sold mad records AT SOME POINT.
I don’t think anyone thinks nelly is big anymore. but he has sold over 20 million albums. I don’t think any star of the early 2000s is going to be popular at a college in 2024

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You mean 2-3 years

And that’s just popularity wise, in terms of “coming out” (pause) they both hit the scene on a commercial level in like 99-2000.
yeah you right about 2-3 years, like somebody said college kids ain’t listening to Nelly, 50 has a bigger influence on the youth than Nelly does.

college cacs don’t even know jeezy who was much bigger culturally than Nelly was.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'd feel bad until I got to go home and dump my seed into Ashanti's thick ass.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This is one of those know your audience things

Nelly probably doing this free concert at a college where the kids were BORN beteen 2002-2005 isnt gonna get tracktion especially when its only for them.

But I guarantee you he can do one of those Y2K arena tours with himself Ja Rule, B2k etc or even himself and Ashnanti and draw well from a crowd willing to pay for him. Probably also at a HBCU too.

Yes theres a Gen Z kids who like nostalgia but you gotta know your audience.

Its honestly not that big of a deal.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
Yeah was once moving units with Em and Jay but tbf this wasn't his crowd. Can't expect 18 yr olds to know much about him.

Also, even tho i liked Nelly's early music, this is what happens when you go "pop". You have a bunch of casual fans who likes the songs, the beats or whatever but once you fizzle so will they. The fans arent connected to you as an artist.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
This is one of those know your audience things

Nelly probably doing this free concert at a college where the kids were BORN beteen 2002-2005 isnt gonna get tracktion especially when its only for them.

But I guarantee you he can do one of those Y2K arena tours with himself Ja Rule, B2k etc or even himself and Ashnanti and draw well from a crowd willing to pay for THEM. Probably also at a HBCU too.

Yes theres a Gen Z kids who like nostalgia but you gotta know your audience.

Its honestly not that big of a deal.
Fixed.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Nelly 'only' got 4/5 timeless mega singles. He got nothing else.

He CANNOT carry a show/concert by himself. People don't care about Nelly. They just want to listen to those 4/5 songs and on carry on.
That’s whole lot playa

99% of rappers don’t even got 1

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Nelly 'only' got 4/5 timeless mega singles. He got nothing else.

He CANNOT carry a show/concert by himself. People don't care about Nelly. They just want to listen to those 4/5 songs and on carry on.
yooo, that's a lot hahaha. Some people don't even have 1 hit and are still doing shows. As stated earlier, I've never listened to nelly or bought any of his albums, but having 4 or 5 hits is nothing to turn your nose up at. shyt, vanilla ice had less than that and he was still touring 15 years ago.