Nelly’s Low-Turnout College Concert Goes Viral As Video Spreads

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
What an L for Nelly’s team.

I have a soon to be college freshman and she has no idea who Nelly is. She knows certain SONGS but she wouldn’t care to see them performed live.

I went to a legal conference a few years back and Nelly was our corporate entertainment and the club was packed. We were lawyers in our 40s and 50s we listened to Nelly in college and law school.
Stand on my money if I wanna be taller
Smack him with a G, I bet he go and get his lawyer

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Earth, Wind and Fire would have flopped on that stage. Please. :mjlol:
No :mjlol:

It's also about having a REAL fanbase. And it's sadly apparent Nelly never really had that. I remember in 2006 I went to Cats Credle in Chapel HIll to see Rakim perform with Brother Ali opening for him. This was 20 years after Rakim came out. The place was packed from front to back and you couldn't move in that mf. I got there hours before the show just to stand front row. Some people will only just listen to you because everyone else is. Then if the powers that be tell people to stop fukking with an artists, dumb ass , fake ass fans will do it. Not long ago , Da Baby was one of the hottest rappers out. His music was trash as fukk then just as it is now. People stopped listening to him strictly cuz the gay mafia told them to. hahaha. I wouldn't want these type of sheep as my fans.
This

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Exactly what I came to say.

This is where the value of classic music comes into play.

Nelly’s music aged like shyt. It’s not timeless music that can be passed down to generations.
Yeah yall are trying to play Nelly right now. He clearly has timeless singles. I was in that crowd at the Bun B Takeover concert and saw the response. What Nelly doesn’t have is timeless ALBUMS.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Yeah yall are trying to play Nelly right now. He clearly has timeless singles. I was in that crowd at the Bun B Takeover concert and saw the response. What Nelly doesn’t have is timeless ALBUMS.

Yup…Nelly is literally one of the most booked legacy acts in rap, he actually eats heavily on the road. That he got this show in the first place is testament to that. It was a free show which likely means a real promoter wasn’t in charge, aka someone had their own money and profit on the line…just throwing the schools student events budget around

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
We just had a thread where people were mad at a teacher asking kids where Jeezy hid the yams.. if they don’t know Jeezy, they don’t know Nelly.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps

IMG-0128.png
No

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Nelly 'only' got 4/5 timeless mega singles. He got nothing else.

He CANNOT carry a show/concert by himself. People don't care about Nelly. They just want to listen to those 4/5 songs and on carry on.