NBA TyC00ns Charles Barkley And Shaquille Oneal Try To Justify Breonna Taylor’s Murder

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Charles Barkley blasted for suggesting Breonna Taylor’s killing was justified
By A.R. Shaw | September 25, 2020 | 0

charlesbarkley-600x500.jpg

Charles Barkley (File photo by Mo Barnes for Steed Media)

Charles Barkley is facing backlash for comments he made about Breonna Taylor.

On Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020, Barkley and his fellow commentators on “Inside of NBA,” Ernie Johnson, Kenny Smith and Shaquille O’Neal, shared their thoughts about the case before the Los Angeles Lakers faced off against the Denver Nuggets.

Barkley suggested that Taylor’s death was not similar to the deaths of George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery because police claimed that her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, fired a gun at them first.

“It’s just bad the young lady lost her life, but we do have to take into account that her boyfriend did shoot at the cops and shot a cop,” Barkley said. “So, like I said, even though I’m really sorry she lost her life, I don’t think we can just put this in the same situation as George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery.”

After Barkley’s statement, O’Neal responded: “I have to agree with Charles, this one is sort of lumped in. You have to get a warrant signed, and some states do allow no-knock warrants. And everyone was asking for murder charges. When you talk about murder, you have to show intent. A homicide occurred, and we’re sorry a homicide occurred. When you have a warrant signed by the judge, you are doing your job, and I would imagine that you would fire back.”

On Wednesday, Sept. 23, Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron claimed that the actions of the three officers involved in the shooting — Myles Cosgrove, Brett Hankison and Jonathan Mattingly — were justified because Taylor’s boyfriend fired first.

“After hearing the evidence from our team of prosecutors, the grand jury voted to return an indictment against Detective Hankison for three counts of wanton endangerment for wantonly placing the three individuals in apartment 3 in danger of serious physical injury or death,” Cameron said. “Charge 1 endangerment in the first degree is a Class D felony, and if found guilty, the accused can serve up to five years for each count.”

According to The New York Times, the FBI laboratory in Quantico, Virginia, concluded that the fatal shot was fired by Cosgrove. However, a Kentucky lab examined the same evidence, and the results were inconclusive. In total, 32 shots were fired by the police officers with 16 fired by Cosgrove, 10 fired by Hankison and six fired by Mattingly.

Following Barkley’s statement, he was ridiculed on social media as many believed that he was uninformed about the case and could not present a factual argument.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I know this is a tired trope and people don't want to hear it...but this never happens to white people. Ever. Or any other group

Only when Black people die at the hands of police do others say "but..." as if we should be murdered and killed at will. As if we have no humanity. The mental gymnastics and ploys to legitimize black death and deligitimize black bodies are nauseating.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
I'm not even mad. I'm going to assume they(especially barkley) was simply uninformed about the real facts, and just went off of what one idiot said

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Also, I'm fukking disgusted at all the non-black people who think they can talk about black issues on Twitter...and I bet in real life they don't even interact with any black people and would lock their car doors if I walked past them. They don't give a fukk about us...they just trying to be seen for likes and retweets.

:scust:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
It’s just bad the young lady lost her life, but we do have to take into account that her boyfriend did shoot at the cops and shot a cop,” Barkley said. “So, like I said, even though I’m really sorry she lost her life, I don’t think we can just put this in the same situation as George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery.”

After Barkley’s statement, O’Neal responded: “I have to agree with Charles, this one is sort of lumped in. You have to get a warrant signed, and some states do allow no-knock warrants. And everyone was asking for murder charges. When you talk about murder, you have to show intent. A homicide occurred, and we’re sorry a homicide occurred. When you have a warrant signed by the judge, you are doing your job, and I would imagine that you would fire back.”
3lo5h6.jpg

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I know this is a tired trope and people don't want to hear it...but this never happens to white people. Ever. Or any other group

Only when Black people die at the hands of police do others say "but..." as if we should be murdered and killed at will. As if we have no humanity. The mental gymnastics and ploys to legitimize black death and deligitimize black bodies are nauseating.
Word. I can see them staying quiet like Jordan does with the white people buy shoes too argument. But to justify a murder is beyond the pale.

By the way if she "deserved it" why are you sorry? Either people have the right to be safe and secure in their house or they don't. And if she doesn't have that right neither do you