Judge rules Breonna Taylor's boyfriend caused her death, throws out major charges against ex-Louisville officers

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
shyt like this is the reason why I waited as long as I did owning a firearm. There's no consistency and a fear that protecting yourself will lead to gray areas like this. This particular case seems like an open a shut case the police is responsible for her death point blank. How the fukk was the BF supposed to know he was shooting at the cops where they broke into his house in error.
Follow the rather get Judged by 12 than carried by 6 system.

If you shoot a cop there's no way it doesn't turn out bad for you. Cops will retaliate if you're found innocent.

But especially if you live in a may issue state meaning a state where you have to make a formal application for a CCW get the card show the card whenever stopped by a cop it works better than saying I have a gun

In my case cops were nicer once I got my CCW because they know I'm 'one of the good one's" But if they see that as a threat they will call for backup for any arrest or they'll kill you.

You have to live with that, That;s the problem with having a gun figuring out when it's appropriate to use it. You pull it on anyone cop or civilian you either win and possibly go to jail or die.

If you didn't have a gun and someone did you'd supplicate and no one would blame you.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The way the laws are interpreted, it's almost impossible to assign the police blame for anything.

Remember in the Tamir Rice case, they basically determined that Tamir's death wasn't the fault of the officer who shot Tamir, because his partner had driven too close to the suspect. And it wasn't hte fault of the officer who drove too close, because he wasn't the one who fired the shot. And they both were absolved of blame because the dispatcher hadn't told them that Tamir was a kid...but the death isn't the dispatcher's fault either, cause she wasn't on the scene. EVERY type of mistake can be absolved if anyone else played any factor at all.

But have a civilian involved, and ANY action by the civilian which leads to someone's death suddenly makes them 100% responsible. You can be the getaway driver in a robbery where you aren't even carrying a weapon, where no one in your crew has a weapon, where a cop unnecesarily fires a shot which kills an innocent bystander....and suddenly you're catching a murder charge over that death because you played ONE fringe role in the sequence of events.
That's by design Cops are "punished" based on public outrage. Cop does something so blatant that a riot ensues they get punished. If the person killed doesn't matter they get a slap on the wrist.

No one can fix this because at the end of the day this is what the people want. Let a child molester get off on a technicality and get killed at a traffic stop the race solider would be celebrated not crucified.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
What will Trump do if he's elected?
Someone wants full immunity for race soldiers so they can't even be charged for shyt like this.
Something like this.
what do you think she can do
My inclination is to assume by default that the answer is, nothing, but I honestly don't know which is why I asked. I'm not sure if this is something she's addressed or has made part of her platform.

As an aside I think a more compelling argument for a Kamala presidency is what she will do, can do, or wants do regarding these issues rather than everything being reduced to "this is the most important election in American history," yeah until the next one. I don't know if that makes sense. :manny:

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Appointed by Reagan. Dudes been on the bench my entire lifetime. That’s ridiculous
All Elections have consequences. But let these both siders try to tell us it doesn't matter. This judge has been there for 38 yrs!! Just think of all the messed up judgements that he has passed down through at least 5 presidents!! Vote in every presidential and midterm and get all these old wyte men up outta there!

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
but you still have people on this forum asking why voting against the right matters.

they can't see the plays that will reign over the rest of their natural lives being put into motion.
They only care about themselves and how they're directly benefiting from it. They refuse to see the forest from the trees. Some of the gains and tangibles they want they won't actually get to enjoy but their descendants will benefit. But they want it for themselves and damn everything else if its not that way.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
All Elections have consequences. But let these both siders try to tell us it doesn't matter. This judge has been there for 38 yrs!! Just think of all the messed up judgements that he has passed down through at least 5 presidents!! Vote in every presidential and midterm and get all these old wyte men up outta there!
Still can’t believe it. People want to call you :flabbynsick: but this man has been on the bench as long as the average Coli poster has been on earth!
yeId81Y.jpg