NBA To Announcement Details Of In-Season Tournament

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I'm thinking morso down the line... if it's successful. If it's popular, I can see a tournament MVP trophy being a incentive. If players can have weigh clauses and other unconventional things/milestones in their contract, why cant a tournament MVP be included... especially since they're getting paid a bit extra to win.
that money they winning ain't moving the needle nor will have the top players, playing their asses off...you'd have a better chance making that incentive for the ASG MVP

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
When news leaked, they said champions get +500k checks
Bradley Beal makes $50.2MM /yr...you think he give a shyt about $500k?? The lowest paid NBA player was getting paid barely over a mil and if you making that, you ain't getting no PT (plus its only 9 of them nikkas). These nikkas barely playing hard for the money they getting from their contracts.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
the play-in still sucks. If anything, we've seen last year that it wasn't really necessary with regards to the playoff chase itself.
The lakers would probably sat Bron and AD for the season if this play in wasn’t a thing.
Bradley Beal makes $50.2MM /yr...you think he give a shyt about $500k?? The lowest paid NBA player was getting paid barely over a mil and if you making that, you ain't getting no PT (plus its only 9 of them nikkas). These nikkas barely playing hard for the money they getting from their contracts.
majority of the nba never seen a game check as big as 500k

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Why would fans care about players winning money? they have to come up with a better prize than that

And why does it feel like the NBA is the only league that has problems with players giving effort and choosing not to play.
I said from the beginning that they should tie draft compensation to it. The winner automatically get a Lottery pick and if it's a team that winds up in the Lottery, they get better odds; maybe they get the best odds if they win the tourney and miss the playoffs.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I said from the beginning that they should tie draft compensation to it. The winner automatically get a Lottery pick and if it's a team that winds up in the Lottery, they get better odds; maybe they get the best odds if they win the tourney and miss the playoffs.
a lottery pick is too much, but it would be rather easy to provide the winning team a pick at the end of the 1st round

that along with the player payouts would be a nice enough reward

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
home court advantage through out the playoff with a guranteed spot.

and I don’t think a trash should be penalized for winning the tourney

so say my pistons win but finish the season 30-52. Their draft odds should change because the made the playoffs

but idk lol

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Even so, the season too long for that. soccer niccas play mad tourneys but their season is ~38 matches plus the extra shyt
Unless u don’t want the nba to be 82 games. This tourney don’t affect That. The only extra games are for play in teams

it still gon be 82 games. I’m all for making regular season games more fun with more at stake

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
Bradley Beal ain't winning anything during current schedule.

Again... do you even know what you're arguing against?

Beal doesn't care about tournament, but he cares about Games 35-42 under current structure, eh?

Stop being contrarian just for the sake of throwing dirt on something new.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Lakers had incentive to keep playing since NO could swap picks with them
I follow laker beat writers. management was seriously considering shutting Bron and AD if they couldn’t make a run at the play in. the lakers at one point was the 2nd worst team in the West. Making the playoffs was almost impossible

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
I follow laker beat writers. management was seriously considering shutting Bron and AD if they couldn’t make a run at the play in. the lakers at one point was the 2nd worst team in the West. Making the playoffs was almost impossible
Without the play-in, it was still possible considering how bunched up everyone was.