NBA To Announcement Details Of In-Season Tournament

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I like this for the first half of the season to spice it up. It's really only adding two games as well.

Maybe they can even let the winner get home court in the first round or something if they win dunno.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
I wonder if they could give the winning team a extra week off after the all-star week?

I wonder if that would work financially and schedule wise.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
There was a void after Jordan in 98

Nah they had Shaq, Kobe, AI & Vince Carter.

Right now there are literally no SUPERstars that could be global ambassadors for the sport with the dynamic play & personality to draw in casuals.

The NBA doesn't have someone comparable to Pat Mahomes.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Exactly. When teams start to tie accolades(tournament MVP)into contracts, it will make players play harder.
in what world? No agent worth their salt would allow that to be an incentive, especially when there's a second half of a season to go after this dumb ass tournament.

Folks talking about "they'll watch." Once that novelty wears off, then what? What are the incentives? You think these dudes are gonna be motivated to play for HC advantage regardless of seed or -20% of their yearly salary as prize money?

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the “final four” will almost certainly draw more interest from fans and ratings, and will be more interesting to watch than a regular season game in December. I don’t see the hate, yeah it sounds gimmicky but who cares, the regular season is a bore right now

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
Uptown and the Bronx
I’ve decided to have an open mind about it. Like @Rigby. said the play in has gone from universally maligned to some of the most exciting and legacy shifting basketball we’ve seen since the Stern era.

This could be a good thing depending on how they execute it. They have to put some ACTUAL stakes on the line and of course get the top guys in the league to endorse it but if it adds to the global impact and popularity of the league that can only be a positive
the play-in still sucks. If anything, we've seen last year that it wasn't really necessary with regards to the playoff chase itself.

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in what world? No agent worth their salt would allow that to be an incentive, especially when there's a second half of a season to go after this dumb ass tournament.
I'm thinking morso down the line... if it's successful. If it's popular, I can see a tournament MVP trophy being a incentive. If players can have weigh clauses and other unconventional things/milestones in their contract, why cant a tournament MVP be included... especially since they're getting paid a bit extra to win.

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

Once tyranny starts, tyranny doesn't stop
Daps
When news leaked, they said champions get +500k checks.

Ummm, yeah, players will be playing harder which means a good watch

Who argues against this? Do you even know what you're having an issue with? Status quo cool for you? This doesn't change anything to the status quo, and only adds intrigue

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
5uq7et360l691.jpg
The Kat picture :mjlol: