NBA To Announcement Details Of In-Season Tournament

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Are players supposed to be excited to play on colorful courts? Is that their incentive?

This tournament is gonna be pushed crazy…but nobody is gonna care

Imagine 2 weeks from now actually knowing what teams beat who in what group :mjlol:

We just gonna know our team is 8-7 or whatever
The powers that be will make fans care tho. Yal tweaking by pouring on this shyt in Year 1.

Look what happened in the MLB
:sas1:

Fans kept bytching about players not caring about the All-Star Game, now the winner of it determines who hosts the WS

:ufdup:

Adam Silver gonna have yal furious in a few years

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s only like 6 games total weeks apart ..,4 against random teams in their group..then gotta win like 2 more…they gotta go like 4-2 and they could be in the finals

It ain’t gonna be no Boston vs Denver game like it’s the finals
You don’t understand how garbage those two teams are :russ:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
The season just started and this is already going on. Too fast.
I agree. They're trying to sell a part of regular season as something new, but it's best to do it later on when things slow down. At the start of the season people tune in and are excited for plain ol regular games.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
The season just started and this is already going on. Too fast.

I guess they didn't want it to be close to the all star game. And having an "In season tournament" after the All star game in March near the NBA Playoffs will make it even more confusing lol

So I guess they just chose this time

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Lmaooo why would a regular fan care about some multimillionaire pocketing an extra $500,000?:mjlol:

They should have attached some form of merit to it, not money

Like the team that wins gets extra votes for the All Star game for their best players

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I guess they didn't want it to be close to the all star game. And having an "In season tournament" after the All star game in March near the NBA Playoffs will make it even more confusing lol

So I guess they just chose this time
All Star Game is 3 months away ffs
Would've been better to make this tournament around Christmas & New Year's
Still avoid the ASG but not so close the beginning of the season
Some of these teams have only played 5 games lol
That's not even 10% of the season done

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
if they really want to make fans care more bout the early season:

logistics aside:

1. lower prices for seats . simple enough
2. kill preseason and have all teams play 89 games (3 times against each other.. home / away / neutral)
3. the neutral can be spots to try out markets : Seattle. vegas. san Diego.
can also be round the world spots: china. london . mexico City. lots of potential here.
4. could even play these neutral games "outside"
5. since everyone playing everyone 3 times. they can go top 16 for playoffs so new rivalries get created and the best 16 teams get in.. no play in bullshyt.
6. really punish load management. fans pay good money to watch players play.. if players need rest dont practice or something.
7. really create an excellent streaming service.. anything that is officially nba licenced throw on there from all history.. even throw that YouTube content on there. and again pricing shouldn't be crazy.