NBA re-ups media rights with ESPN and Turner. Players take L.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I'm sure ESPN wipes their ass with that kinda money anyways and surely spends that amount on more frivolous things.
NBC wouldn't put in that kind of money for it and they were just doing the Olympics. Ain't nobody that dumb to spend millions per game on a song just to make y'all feel young again.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
More money for the owners' pockets.
Less privileges (No Beats, No Iphone usage for Clippers players c/o new owner) for players.

Seems like business as usual. :manny: Has anyone told them that they have what is called "COLLECTIVE LEVERAGE?" :lupe:

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
This really screws FS1. They needed another major sport. NBCSN is doing its thing with soccer and the olympics and hockey, keeping it niche.

Espn needs to cover basketball a bit better. They do use sportscenter to push NBA a lot but I want a dedicated show

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Lebron setting the example outchea.....

2 year-short-term contract....with the big maximum re-up in 2017.

Nicely done....

King Poetic

Grandfather of….
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Sea
Damn I thought my dream of snapper jones and walton returning was going to happen

Guess mute will be used on espn coverage

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Seeing as how teams will get 89 million alone annually from US TV rights (still doesn't include ticket sales revenue, INTERNATIONAL TV rights, licensing revenue), the cap should go up big time.

Players are definitely backing out of the current deal in 2016. If the owners are smart, they'd do a hard cap and kill player max salaries. That way if a team like Milwaukee wants to throw 40 million a year at a player to get a player, they'll have a better chance to land major players. And the hard cap will ensure that you can't get rediculous with contracts either. GMs will be more accountable that way.
Players aren't going to back of that deal and the owners won't let it happen. the 50/50 deal is fair for both parties. The previous 57/43 deal players got before this one wasn't a fair one to the owners. And there's already a hard cap right now.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Players aren't going to back of that deal and the owners won't let it happen. the 50/50 deal is fair for both parties. The previous 57/43 deal players got before this one wasn't a fair one to the owners. And there's already a hard cap right now.

there's a soft cap. You can still go over. Most teams don't want to go over the luxury tax threshold.

I don't think the 50/50 is going to happen, but a true hard cap with no salary ceiling on individual contracts is needed to smaller markets to flourish.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Like the homie @tremonthustler1 said, you guys just want the theme song. :stopitslime:
Hannah is on ESPN and Marv is on TNT, so who's left to recreate 1996? :beli:
i'd take bob costas over mike breen :beli:

on a side note anyone think it's funny NBA still uses that "this footage will not be used without the express written consent of the NBA" in 2014. as if we don't live in the youtube/dvr era :heh:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
there's a soft cap. You can still go over. Most teams don't want to go over the luxury tax threshold.

I don't think the 50/50 is going to happen, but a true hard cap with no salary ceiling on individual contracts is needed to smaller markets to flourish.
Hard caps depress salaries long story short.

What would really be interesting about a hard cap with guaranteed money is how players would fight amongst each other because there would be a limited amount of space and any franchise player will eat the lion's share of it