NBA Needs to Move the Pistons out of Detroit

Playeroni

Aka Nasty Neighbor #CREEPLIFE
Daps
I know Little Ceaser's is headquartered there in Detroit but do ya'll really eat that sh*t:picard:

-as for the crowds, its a damn shame at the turnout they're getting these days. For a storied franchise too:what: I wish the Clipps had half of the Pistons legacy
That shyt b str8 sometimes. Just gotta get butter and Parmesan cheese on it and it’s decent. I’m a hungry howies/buddy’s type of guy.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
When the Sixers were in full tank mode, they would still occasionally attract damn near sellouts

Philly had interesting pieces even during tank mode. Heralded, GOOD rookies. The Pistons can't get into the lottery due to winning just enough games to pick in the teens. And when they do get super close they fukk up (ie not drafting Mitchell, Giannis, etc). The team isn't fun to watch man, and has no stars or even potential stars.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Its crazy how a mostly black town would care more about hockey and baseball. I guess its the truth tho

All of those folks/fans live out in the burbs/families fully migrated to the burbs by the 80's. Tickets prices are set high to phase out the black folks (its an insult for them to even use that as a ploy), the marketing says otherwise but its just an illusion:mjpls:. The plan has backfired though:mjgrin:.

Basically its a reverse of how folks in the city did not want to drive out to the Palace, ticket prices were decent but it was a pain to get there, get in the lot, get out to leave and etc.

Now folks (casuals and diehards) that had no issue travel wise to get to Auburn Hills do not want to drive down to the city, because of ticket prices, distance and the feel that the team isnt worth their time right now due to performance. This would be great for folks (diehards and casuals) in the city to now catch some games consistently instead of every so often but the ticket prices are high as hell (more than what they were at the Palace) and Parking is limited and more expensive, concessions as well.

The redwing and lions diehards support them no matter what regardless of location, always have. The tigers have their moments with low attendance but not consistently like the Pistons. When the Pistons are winning the fans mentioned above (bball casuals) plus the diehard bball fans will go to the games and drop numbers but the Pistons have been sub par for a while /have lost TOO much since the consistent playoff run.

Ive gone to at least 5 games a year for years now and the demographic is more versatile at the new arena compared to the palace imo due to location but overall numbers are low.

:manny:. I blame Tom Gores and SVG

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Leasy, post: 28117146, member: 4167"]These midwestern towns besides Chicago are garbage. Unless you have a diehard fan base no team will have full support out there unless it’s Hockey Baseball and Football.

The Midwest is like the south they don’t care.
all theses WOAT hall of shame muthafukkas breh[/QUOTE]

It’s true the Midwest’s is fukking garbage breh can’t get mad at me.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
When the Sixers were in full tank mode, they would still occasionally attract damn near sellouts

It's very similar to the south. Full of conservative, corn fed white boys who only care about football. The midwest is the south without the accents and humid weather.

But in Detroits case, maybe a lot of people just dont have the $$$ to attend sporting events like that. NFL is once a week. MLB and NHL is for rich suburbanites

The Spurs are very popular in South Texas but ever seen the crowd at a spurs game? Empty seats every single game. The cash flow simply isnt there in certain markets.

To add most miniorities are doing shytty in the Midwest it’s Backward out there. I went out there for business and said never again I will step foot in Michigan or Wisconsin. The market is not there especially for a black team like Detroit Pistons after they moved from Auburn Hill. They not going to Detroit to watch basketball but hockey baseball sure.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Naw, there's something else going on.

Hell, even terrible teams like the Kings, Magic, Bulls etc draw 14-17k

Pistons have been embarrassing for 5-6 years now with attendance
Bulls are still #3 in attendance despite them rebuilding this year. They tickets are never cheap. Not even the nosebleeds. Those games stay sold out. Also the United center when it was built was right in the middle of the hood. This was 1993. And they were winning ships so people came regardless.

In 2018, that area has pretty much regentrified, so it's close to downtown and there's plenty of Caucasians who live either in the area or within like ten minutes to attend bulls and Blackhawks games. Chicago is a world class city, so they'll always be plenty of people with means to attend sporting events.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Red Wings have been bad a couple years too and crowds are getting historically bad (for them). The issue is that there's simply so much shyt you can do downtown now that why waste your time watching wack sports teams. When both teams get good the crowds will return.