NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
The only thing is that the NFL and the NHL have more consistent fanbases than the NBA. NHL is a niche market. They don't have casuals, and NFL is embedded in American culture. NBA fanbase is shaky and trendy. It doesn't help hat they haven't even pegged the next superstar nd face of the league. They're nowhere near behind ZIon, as they were for Lebron or the "Heir to His Airness"

Over/Under 42B
Le’melo will be the future new face of the league

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why would tv networks pay even close to this amount when the coli told me that everyone was streaming :troll:

A thread with all of the "The Coli Said/Told me" hot takes would be :mjlol:

no worse than a barbershop........

take that back, we might be worse....much worse :patrice:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if they do like the NFL and try to expand it to include multiple networks. I basically see this as the NBA trying to recoup their losses from the pandemic.

Yep that is what I see them doing. Breaking it between ESPIN, TNT and then a streaming service like Amazon or Netflix or etc.

Or they will have like a 15 year deal for 75 Billion with ESPIN and TNT. ESPIN and TNTs greed and the leagues greed is to lock up for long term contracts. ESPINs contracts have gotten longer and longer each time they signed one with the NBA.

Also ESPIN and TNT always does some layoffs before signing the new deal because they have to go deeper and deeper in their pockets. We will see how this recession and inflation goes. If the recession is deep then Mickey ain't gonna have the money for ESPIN and the NBA will probably break the deal up between not just ESPIN and TNT, but other companies.

Also expect the NBA to put on a show for the 2024 - 2025 season and playoffs (if you catch my drift) to make sure the networks / streaming services cough up that dough for the entertainment on the next contract.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Yep that is what I see them doing. Breaking it between ESPIN, TNT and then a streaming service like Amazon or Netflix or etc.

Or they will have like a 15 year deal for 75 Billion with ESPIN and TNT. ESPIN and TNTs greed and the leagues greed is to lock up for long term contracts. ESPINs contracts have gotten longer and longer each time they signed one with the NBA.

Also ESPIN and TNT always does some layoffs before signing the new deal because they have to go deeper and deeper in their pockets. We will see how this recession and inflation goes. If the recession is deep then Mickey ain't gonna have the money for ESPIN and the NBA will probably break the deal up between not just ESPIN and TNT, but other companies.

Also expect the NBA to put on a show for the 2024 - 2025 season and playoffs (if you catch my drift) to make sure the networks / streaming services cough up that dough for the entertainment on the next contract.
FOX is going to try to get a slice of the NBA

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
FOX is going to try to get a slice of the NBA

I wouldn't doubt it. Disney been hurting for money with this covid. The key is can they make up the money the next 3 years to be able to over bid everyone? Or will they have to pay just a little more and split the NBA to 2 other next work or streaming services.

I hope so actually. The more networks / streaming services that have the NBA...the better.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Lol, i understand negotiations but 75 bil for a marginal product when you can take that money and get better rating with college football or bidding on the nfl. Lol