NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Smart play on the leagues part to play on the desperation of streaming services to try and save their platforms even if it means overpaying.

These television networks are well aware that the ROI just isn’t there anymore outside of the NFL and are good with letting someone else overpay as they did previously.

I can definitely see those streaming services though being more analytical and wanting to go shorter term deals based on the uncertainty of streaming platforms.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
When NBC had the NBA we got triple headers and guaranteed local teams airing. Stingy Disney/ESPN don't even bother doinig simultaneous broadcasting like TNT & TBS; then they wonder about ratings:flabbynsick::unimpressed:
Can’t do it on weekdays as the ROI just isn’t there, so it’d have to be on weekends.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I watched the first PBC PPV on Amazon and the presentation was fukkin insane. It looked so crisp and clean.

I hope the NBA considers Amazon.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Amazon has been begging to get into live sports. The regular Tv partners can’t compete with that.

I really do think the NBA time with TNT is over

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Amazon has been begging to get into live sports. The regular Tv partners can’t compete with that.

I really do think the NBA time with TNT is over
I don’t think so. It’s a 35-year relationship with the best studio show on TV.

I’m in the Caribbean this week and I am able to stream the games on Max.

Adam Silver has been praising WBD over the last several months. I expect a deal. Also, WBD operates NBA TV and NBA.com.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Peacock would be great imo.

That platform handles the NFL and WWE very well and is easy-to-use.

Plus I think they'll let the league be themselves.

5 year deal I think would be fair for both parties. 10 years is pretty steep for a product people aren't that much interested in compared to years ago.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Amazon Prime should definitely be considered by the NBA for regular season viewership instead of using League Pass. NBC didn't like the viewership they attracted the last time they had it :mjpls: so I don't think they should have it now. :camby: CBS would be great and preferred, but likely won't happen. Fox is :manny: status if they're interested. NBA would have to accept being in the backseat till the NFL season ends, including on Christmas.

Forsaken

All Star
Daps
Peacock would be great imo.

That platform handles the NFL and WWE very well and is easy-to-use.

Plus I think they'll let the league be themselves.

5 year deal I think would be fair for both parties. 10 years is pretty steep for a product people aren't that much interested in compared to years ago.
10 yr deal locks in payments through the next CBA

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Amazon Prime should definitely be considered by the NBA for regular season viewership instead of using League Pass. NBC didn't like the viewership they attracted the last time they had it :mjpls: so I don't think they should have it now. :camby: CBS would be great and preferred, but likely won't happen. Fox is :manny: status if they're interested. NBA would have to accept being in the backseat till the NFL season ends, including on Christmas.
League Pass ain't going away.