NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
An American League trying to promote foreign stars is not the place you want to invest your money
American Stars need to step their game up :yeshrug:

nikkaz more concerned about having a bag and a bag.

Tatum is the best American NBA Star and is MAYBE Top 5 players in the league? :francis:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't think people are realizing, this doesn't mean ESPN/TNT are out. They just don't want to pay for all of the content they currently have. It's been rumored for months that Amazon and maybe even NBC will get in on the action.

TNT/ESPN will probably take lesser deals and the rest will be spread out. The loser will be the consumer because you will need to have access to all of those networks/streamers in order to see all of the games.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
The Finals on Amazon? :laff:

NBC still in the mix :leon:

I don’t see that happening, that would be a big risk unless there is an OTA partner that would simulcast the games (maybe NBC :jbhmm: ). But, I definitely see NBC getting Finals games. I don’t think Disney has the appetite to make money to retain it completely.