NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I don’t care how much money the deal is worth but I’d be happy if they leave ESPN. Their coverage has always sucked to me
i wonder if ESPN will choose to trim the NBA coverage down in the next contract, given all the money they've had to spend on SEC, NHL and NFL.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The NFL got more money
The NHL got more money

The NBA is getting more money, the only debate is how much more.

live sports is one of the few things people don't binge-watch and sports fans watching on TV don't skip commercials.

this is true, but are young people watching live sports heavy?

I've already almost stopped watching NFL due to the ridiculous amounts of commercial stoppages and the length of the games in favor of watching more commercial free scripted TV on the streaming services.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
IDGAF what the agreement is just PLEASE go back to nba triple headers on the weekends and simulcast NBA playoff coverage on tnt and tbs. That's what I want. Also for nbc to get the rights back but marv is washed now, bill a hippie and snapper is in snapper heaven. I don't think costas would do it anymore. Or have costas do those pre game monologues oh lawd

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
some the local sportsnets are owned by NBC/comcast/universal and we still don't get that theme music :sadcam:

I think one of the Fox regional networks uses it

whomever holds the rights/publishing won. usually the Networks own that shyt. Kinda shocked to hear it.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
IDGAF what the agreement is just PLEASE go back to nba triple headers on the weekends and simulcast NBA playoff coverage on tnt and tbs. That's what I want. Also for nbc to get the rights back but marv is washed now, bill a hippie and snapper is in snapper heaven. I don't think costas would do it anymore. Or have costas do those pre game monologues oh lawd

If NBC thought they had any chance in hell of getting back the NBA in any capacity, do you really think they'd shut down their sports network?