NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Silver doesn't like Zaslav...it's been pretty clear for sometime now

IF WB got rid of him, I'm sure the league would be a lot more receptive to bringing them back

Silver is a bald headed fakkit who is in bed with Iger at Disney. Not surprising that ESPN/Disney (who has less money than Comcast) got the "A" package with no issue.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I told you they have matching rights. Whether or not WBD will exercise them or can match the "C" package from Amazon remains to be seen.
From my perspective, Adam doesn't think they do but is making sure everything is iron tight. Just because WB might offer 1.9 Billion for the C package doesn't mean the NBA has to accept it and maybe WBD thinks they do. You can hear in his apology to the behind the scenes Turner folks that he wish he could end their misery and there's not going to be any 4th package if he has anything to do with it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
From my perspective, Adam doesn't think they do but is making sure everything is iron tight. Just because WB might offer 1.9 Billion for the C package doesn't mean the NBA has to accept it and maybe WBD thinks they do.

That's where it could get messy. I don't think it WILL get messy but if WBD does want the "C" package and makes the offer and the NBA says "no" lawyers might end up deciding who is right.

cheapshot

Pro
Daps
Does turner run league pass through NBA.com?

I can easily go to league pass to watch almost any game. I don't see how the average fan is going to subscribe to all of those different services to watch games.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
I just listened to Adam's Finals press conference and it seems like he's done with TNT. Other folks feel that way also.

Yea sounds like Zaslav is gonna have to pay up a lot or something to get back in. It’s clear Silver wants to finalize the deal and doesn’t want to do business with WBD anymore.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, I saw the article that says TNT runs NBA TV/NBA.com and that may be playing a part in negotiations too.

Related - How they hell do you let a media partner control your website. shyt seems odd.

Looks like the nba tv deal bout to be 80B+ if this package goes thru. I know the league/owners are happy as shyt that they put in a clause that says the cap can only go up a maximum of 10% each year. Idk how the NBPPA agreed to that. Im just a causal and dont know the details but it seems like the owners will reap all the financial benefit of this before the players really see immediate impact. Maybe Im wrong though?
Wemby's supermax after the rookie extension is going to be :damn:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

NBA hasn’t been happy with WBD since the merger happened. A lot of longtime execs that the NBA had good relationships with have left coupled Zaslav’s comments, cost cutting, and declining cable industry and this is why NBA is likely walking away.

Cable isn't going anywhere since these streaming services keep raising their prices. The NBA is playing it smart by setting up shop on all media platforms. Zaslav losing the NBA is a monumental disaster that could've been avoided.