NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
:russ: Tania Ganguli was getting shoo'd away by Kenny and Ernie

The future of “Inside the NBA” was already a sensitive topic when Charles Barkley stepped into an elevator in Minneapolis after Game 2 of the Western Conference finals late Friday night.

…When Barkley, who had already batted away several attempts by security and public relations officials to prevent him from doing an interview, ushered me into an elevator filled with his co-workers, not everyone was happy.

Kenny Smith, Barkley’s on-screen foil, voiced his irritation. But Barkley, as he has done throughout his decades in the public eye, made clear that he wouldn’t be muzzled.

“Hey, man, I can talk to who I want to,” Barkley said to Smith, using an expletive. Others in the elevator shifted uncomfortably.

“You should do that out there,” Smith said, suggesting the interview be done outside the elevator.

Barkley turned to me: “Don’t worry about him.”

“She should clear it through Turner,” Smith said. “She should do it the right way.”

…Approached for an interview, Johnson pointed me to the public relations team. TNT had declined to arrange interviews with its talent for this article. After the game, Johnson interrupted the interview with Barkley as he left the elevator to castigate me for approaching him without permission from the company.
This is why most people love Chuck. Regardless of whether you agree with him or not on something, he's not gonna hold back and he'll always speak his mind.

Quite frankly, everybody involved with Turner should be supporting Barkley in speaking out like this because he's going to bat for everybody that works there and calling out their terrible upper management. Whatever happens will not affect Barkley's life or livelihood but it will to hundreds, maybe thousands of others. Losing the NBA will likely have a trickle down effect on the rest of the company.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley

I just listened to this podcast and @FAH1223 @Saysumthinfunnymike looks like your brehs were right. Ourand thinks the biggest reason why there isn’t a signed agreement is because the NBA is worried that WBD can match Amazon’s C bid. I’m guessing they are trying to figure a way to structure the package so that they don’t.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
This is why most people love Chuck. Regardless of whether you agree with him or not on something, he's not gonna hold back and he'll always speak his mind.

Quite frankly, everybody involved with Turner should be supporting Barkley in speaking out like this because he's going to bat for everybody that works there and calling out their terrible upper management. Whatever happens will not affect Barkley's life or livelihood but it will to hundreds, maybe thousands of others. Losing the NBA will likely have a trickle down effect on the rest of the company.

Thing is Barkley is the superstar. He can go anywhere. Ernie is staying at Turner so he doesn't want to ruffle feathers. Who knows what will happen with Kenny so he doesn't want controversy either.

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
TNT lost the bid to Comcast? :merchant:

NBA is only going with a three way deal and it's being reported that those three are: ABC/ESPN (paid 2.8 billion), Amazon Prime (paid 2 billion), and Comcast (NBC) (paid 2.8 billion). :mjcry:

35+ years on TNT gone :mjcry:

No more Ernie, Jet, and Barkley :to::damn:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I can see possible retirement.

The whole TNT/NBA TV crew and employees are done with this deal. That's a lot of jobs gone because of Zaslav's dumbass.

Dunno what TNT gonna do with that space now. shyt was literally across the street from our basketball arena at GTech on 10th street. The whole studio. Man this is fukkin ridiculous.

We don't need the NBA :snoop:
You know Midtown being bought and sold as we speak. Georgia tech will probably expand its campus, if they can afford it. Otherwise, more condos.