NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Basically anybody with a cable and/or satellite subscription. The OTA channels are affected by cord cutting don’t get it twisted. Sure, you can get a digital antenna to get those channels, but that doesn’t seem to be a popular option. Basically his point, FOX and Paramount are gonna be tough spot unless they are bought by a big conglomerate.

Something ain't adding up. The NBA is hell bent on getting back on OTA, the NFL and college football are setting records on OTA yet you saying OTA isn't a popular option for many.

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
Zaslav is a fukking idiot.

Ran his mouth recklessly. Planted firm over $200m. Then let NBC swoop in and take your deal by outbidding you by $400m, which was $200m above the asking price you didn't want to pay.

So now, you down there tryna compete with Amazon while everyone laughs and shakes their head at how pathetic it looks.

Too cheap and too p*ssy to go $2.6bn :sas2:
Honestly if I'm Adam I don't even want to do business with a partner like that :yeshrug: why have somebody in the mix with your brand who's a clown and causes unnecessary problems while trying to chicken hawk his way through negotiations. It's bad business.

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Something ain't adding up. The NBA is hell bent on getting back on OTA, the NFL and college football are setting records on OTA yet you saying OTA isn't a popular option for many.

I’m saying OTA>Cable, but it’s not nearly as significant as some think. OTA is a lot more stable, viable option moving forward but sub numbers will still drop overall.

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Honestly if I'm Adam I don't even want to do business with a partner like that :yeshrug: why have somebody in the mix with your brand who's a clown and causes unnecessary problems while trying to chicken hawk his way through negotiations. It's bad business.

Agreed. Dude is so unserious.

You go with partners who value your value add. It's gonna hit different when that ad revenue isn't there.

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Still up in the air... the exclusive window runs through July.

I'm also hearing that if WBD loses out on the NBA that WBD is going to be super aggressive in trying to acquire UFC.

:unimpressed: UFC is not gonna fill the gap in ad revenue left by the NBA. They also are gonna lose to ESPN on that front. Again.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:unimpressed: UFC is not gonna fill the gap in ad revenue left by the NBA. They also are gonna lose to ESPN on that front. Again.

ESPN doesn't have the money to retain them if the rights go wild... might have to split it into multiple packages etc.. ESPN just paid 150% more for the NBA to have LESS content to show on their airwaves :mjlol: