NBA approves new media deals with Disney (ABC/ESPN), Comcast (NBC), and Amazon for 11 years, $77 billion. Update: NBA REJECTS WBD's (TNT Sports) deal

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Lucas Shaw is a guy I would trust. He's legit. All these other people saying "Warner doesn't have a right to match" are looking clueless right now.

Shaw also stated that WBD could take the NBA to court over this. I wouldn't put it past Zaslav to do such a thing but in the end, I think either they find a way to match or strike a deal for a 4th package.

If TNT loses the NBA it's too costly to their bottom line. Zaslav would be food if he loses out on it. He better find a way lol

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
The interesting thing reading the article is that WBD could partner with FOX for the B package. Considering the Venu Sports venture with Disney and that Disney sublicense deal with WBD for those early CFP games, I think that is on the table.
Fox has already said they’re full with sports :wow:

K-Apps

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brick City/Happy Valley
Fox has already said they’re full with sports :wow:

Right, but this would be more of a business deal if they decide to go a solid for WBD. FOX is going with Friday Night College Football and Basketball. I could see that as a spot after the NFL season or Sunday Night after NASCAR events. It’s not likely imo, but if the money is right it’s possible.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Right, but this would be more of a business deal if they decide to go a solid for WBD. FOX is going with Friday Night College Football and Basketball. I could see that as a spot after the NFL season or Sunday Night after NASCAR events. It’s not likely imo, but if the money is right it’s possible.

FOX is a business partner of WBD's right now (along with ESPN) with the new streaming sports service coming. NBC was probably tight about being left out of that venture.

If TNT loses the NBA, that package will be a little less desirable which would in turn hurt FOX/ESPN as well. There's definitely some behind the scenes fukkery going on or more fukkery that could be afoot.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Paramount looking at all these bundles like
fresh-prince-room.gif

calh45

Cal
Daps
without highlights? They would need to buy a NBA rights package to show highlights and I doubt WBD would do it.

The highlights of the actual show aren't ever really about their NBA talk. That's literally their appeal to casuals. I don't think it'd be a stretch of an idea considering TNT runs NBA TV unless that's included in the deal with Amazon or NBC??

I'm genuinely asking. I don't know if their agreement for operations of the NBA network is a separate agreement altogether. I'm assuming it is.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Paramount got more pressing shyt to worry about like being bought by sony and some other company. They a bundle themselves :mjlol:
I thought the talk died down, but it looks like Sony and Apollo no Creed is really making moves

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
I thought the talk died down, but it looks like Sony and Apollo no Creed is really making moves

Yep, they already talking about selling the "historic" lot and shyt after they buy it too.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Adam Silver has said that the discourse about the game is basic or gossipy in most cases. He said the NFL does a better job at breaking down the game, instead of always being surface level.

Then he also said that he thinks Inside the NBA should be everywhere and that it could be even bigger than it is now.

Going off of his actions, it looks like he wants more focused discussion on the game and players. I wonder what his thoughts were when he heard Shaq tell Jokic that he's not the MVP immediately after getting the award.

It's stuff like that I could see him not being down for. Just like the reports on Van Gundy being tossed in the bushes for shytting on the officials too much. Looks like Silver is trying to change the narrative.

:mjpls:

Silver doesnt know shyt about basketball. His job is too make the sport more white friendly. The writing was on the wall when those Atlanta Hawks emails leaked. Did people really think that was just a one of one,rather than apart of a larger email chain:mjlol:

And nobody gives a shyt about the game being broken down more. The league just needs better salesman since a players game doesnt sell itself anymore.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Silver doesnt know shyt about basketball. His job is too make the sport more white friendly. The writing was on the wall when those Atlanta Hawks emails leaked. Did people really think that was just a one of one,rather than apart of a larger email chain:mjlol:

And nobody gives a shyt about the game being broken down more. The league just needs better salesman since a players game doesnt sell itself anymore.
What emails?