NBA 2K24 l PS5/XSX/PC l (Cover Released)

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
:why:
That’s how real life basketball works! Bruh ain’t no way you’re a basketball fan or know anything about the game

When a defender is closing in on you, of course it would move fast because just like in real life, you rush your shot if someone is closing in on you. You really want free reign to make easy shots :dead:
you're clearly a dumbass and missing the point just to be a dikkhead so this is the last time im responding to you fakkit.

i know people rush their shot when people are closing out. which also makes my point that it being green or you miss the shot stupid cus no one shoots perfect under pressure hell no one shoots perfect everytime. its all muscle memory (which is why ray allen shot 500+ times a day to make the feeling of the shot going in familiar and still depending how the ball gets to them it might not be lined up to their liking and can throw the muscle memory off slightly.) me and a lot of other players do not have time to get the muscle memory 100% accurate for 100s of animations because 2k is not our main focus. for myplayer it makes perfect sense because you are using one player and have a couple animations for different situations. good shots are not makeable if its not a perfect release and perfect releases shouldnt always be made either iron can be unkind you hear shooters say all the time "it felt good coming off my hand" and they still miss.

each player has different shot animations and timing for different situations & team rotations are 8-9 deep. thats at minimun 8 people (maybea little lower possibly (4-5) because not everyone on everyteam are viable shooters) per team who shot animations you have to be perfect with to make even slightly contested shots. and then you have to remember if they are more open that muscle memory you just locked in has to change cus the meter will slow down. you also have to time layups and alley oops now too. it was too much and made no sense. 0 room for error is absurd in any game.

take tekken for example to get the combo out you can tap the future input in multiple times between frames for it to register before you go to the next one now imagine if they implemented the system where the input has to be accurate to the millisecond of the frame for the input chain to work anything put inbetween disrupts it and you drop the combo. thats what 2k did with green or miss.

stop replying to me.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
as someone who generally only plays Mynba (my last Mynba run went nearly 20 seasons) I think I’ll pass on 24, at least for now. The offline gameplay vs cpu doesn’t hit its peak until November once sliders start to roll out.

Currently running a Kobe era and having fun with it.
I just run on superstar, the cpu can still win games against me and it doesn’t hurt my teammates that much compared to hall of fame

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
as someone who generally only plays Mynba (my last Mynba run went nearly 20 seasons) I think I’ll pass on 24, at least for now. The offline gameplay vs cpu doesn’t hit its peak until November once sliders start to roll out.

Currently running a Kobe era and having fun with it.

Driving Contact Shot/Inside Contact Shot Frequency. 100 for both CPU/USER.

Don't have to do much outside of that.

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
you're clearly a dumbass and missing the point just to be a dikkhead so this is the last time im responding to you fakkit.

i know people rush their shot when people are closing out. which also makes my point that it being green or you miss the shot stupid cus no one shoots perfect under pressure hell no one shoots perfect everytime. its all muscle memory (which is why ray allen shot 500+ times a day to make the feeling of the shot going in familiar and still depending how the ball gets to them it might not be lined up to their liking and can throw the muscle memory off slightly.) me and a lot of other players do not have time to get the muscle memory 100% accurate for 100s of animations because 2k is not our main focus. for myplayer it makes perfect sense because you are using one player and have a couple animations for different situations. good shots are not makeable if its not a perfect release and perfect releases shouldnt always be made either iron can be unkind you hear shooters say all the time "it felt good coming off my hand" and they still miss.

each player has different shot animations and timing for different situations & team rotations are 8-9 deep. thats at minimun 8 people (maybea little lower possibly (4-5) because not everyone on everyteam are viable shooters) per team who shot animations you have to be perfect with to make even slightly contested shots. and then you have to remember if they are more open that muscle memory you just locked in has to change cus the meter will slow down. you also have to time layups and alley oops now too. it was too much and made no sense. 0 room for error is absurd in any game.

take tekken for example to get the combo out you can tap the future input in multiple times between frames for it to register before you go to the next one now imagine if they implemented the system where the input has to be accurate to the millisecond of the frame for the input chain to work anything put inbetween disrupts it and you drop the combo. thats what 2k did with green or miss.

stop replying to me.
The thing is the best players on 23 could hit those shots under pressure with their entire rotation, which means they were never losing to shytters. That's healthy for the game objectively and adds to the realism I thought you nikkas enjoyed?

We can't go back to everything being the same timing to placate players that sound like they play very casually. Just try to have as much fun with the game as you can, shouldn't winning be secondary if you don't give a fukk about the game?

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
The thing is the best players on 23 could hit those shots under pressure with their entire rotation, which means they were never losing to shytters. That's healthy for the game objectively and adds to the realism I thought you nikkas enjoyed?

We can't go back to everything being the same timing to placate players that sound like they play very casually. Just try to have as much fun with the game as you can, shouldn't winning be secondary if you don't give a fukk about the game?
if me and my boys who have been playing 2k since ps2 cant hit shots and have an enjoyable game while drinking beer when we are playing at my crib its stupid. i dont care about the best players online ranked status and how they dedicated their entire year to just 2k can hit shots with a specific team they play with. we might pick teams by hitting random a couple times and go from there i land on the cavs game one and clippers game 2 he get the suns then the celtics its brick city on both sides that makes 0 sense. myplayer being green or miss makes sense since you are dealing with limited animations.

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
if me and my boys who have been playing 2k since ps2 cant hit shots and have an enjoyable game while drinking beer when we are playing at my crib its stupid. i dont care about the best players online ranked status and how they dedicated their entire year to just 2k can hit shots with a specific team they play with. we might pick teams by hitting random a couple times and go from there i land on the cavs game one and clippers game 2 he get the suns then the celtics its brick city on both sides that makes 0 sense. myplayer being green or miss makes sense since you are dealing with limited animations.
Just found out we arguing for no reason.

Play Now doesn't have green or miss. No point in us arguing.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps

I've been playing 2K since day one.

The gameplay experience has been worse since they introduced shot meters.

As you mentioned, too many misses on default settings.