Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Beat was too repetitive

This is kinda my problem. Especially after HB was giving him beats with like twenty switches. It's kinda of a shame too because I feel like there's a foundation for a good beat here, it just needs something else. Some kinda switch, some extra strings, something...

Mastamimd

Ain't shyt
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Yeah, I feel like if we finally get that project or collabo we've been waiting for since the 90's, you gotta come with something way more crazier than this. People been waiting.

But I think Primo isn't as inspired as he used to be. Who does he compete with today? All of the other greats are just chillin' for the most part now. And no one has more output than him since '89, so I can see why he's kinda on autopilot these days. But for some Nas sh*t, you gotta get back to high level. There's no excuse to be giving bro these interlude sounding throwaway beats.

Like @prophecypro said the bar will be too high

I hope they read the criticism and take heed

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I liked it, feels like the Warm up for something broader hopefully. They're just getting started. LOL @ NaS cutting Premo off when he tried to rap. Reminded me of Biggie cutting Mister Cee off on "Mumbling and Whispering", lol. NaS did float on it too. I knew there was going to be "NaS is Like" Scratches by the title. I wonder how many songs they will end up doing for an Album.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I don’t

If Nas actually listened to criticism he wouldn’t be a GOAT candidate. Nas and Premier both 30 plus years in the game and gonna do whatever they want and i’m here for it

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I feel like if we finally get that project or collabo we've been waiting for since the 90's, you gotta come with something way more crazier than this. People been waiting.

But I think Primo isn't as inspired as he used to be. Who does he compete with today? All of the other greats are just chillin' for the most part now. And no one has more output than him since '89, so I can see why he's kinda on autopilot these days. But for some Nas sh*t, you gotta get back to high level. There's no excuse to be giving bro these interlude sounding throwaway beats.

Nas picked the beat :yeshrug:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC

Nah, I don’t think anyone expects Illmatic level sh*t 30 years later.

But this track isn't even good by washed Primo standards. He has better beats in the stash that he never gave anyone, from when he was untouchable. Any work with Nas deserves something that knocks. We don’t need any "quiet walk in the park" music right now, lol.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah y'all buggn. Yes the beat is simple but its the perfect type of beat for Nas to just flow his ass off.

Let's not forget Kings Disease lead single was "Ultra Black" and alot y'all hated when y'all heard it cause y'all thought the KD album was going to be light, till yall heard it withing the album.

One song is not indicative of the whole project. This shyt is cool.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
This is kinda my problem. Especially after HB was giving him beats with like twenty switches. It's kinda of a shame too because I feel like there's a foundation for a good beat here, it just needs something else. Some kinda switch, some extra strings, something...

this. something about the scratches and the hook sound off brand to me...like what I would expect if I went on YouTube and typed "preme
type beat"
Solid record overall tho bc Nas spittin

but we just got shyt like this less than a year ago.

If we getting 12-16 records, I need Premier to step his shyt up

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I liked it, feels like the Warm up for something broader hopefully. They're just getting started. LOL @ NaS cutting Premo off when he tried to rap. Reminded me of Biggie cutting Mister Cee off on "Mumbling and Whispering", lol. NaS did float on it too. I knew there was going to be "NaS is Like" Scratches by the title. I wonder how many songs they will end up doing for an Album.
No you didn’t