Nas & DJ Premier - Define My Name (new single out now, album releasing later this year)

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Pretty boring beat from Preem but way better than I thought it was going to be based on the initial posts in here.

The mixing is off. The vocals are being drowned out by the beat. Bass not hitting much at all. I'm at work though, so maybe it'll sound better when I get home with some proper headphones/studio monitors.

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Beat was too repetitive but Nas was back to his old self rhyming. I was hoping for something more melodic like the beat he did for Rome and Gunn. Have to see what the rest of the songs sound like.

Yeah, I feel like if we finally get that project or collabo we've been waiting for since the 90's, you gotta come with something way more crazier than this. People been waiting.

But I think Primo isn't as inspired as he used to be. Who does he compete with today? All of the other greats are just chillin' for the most part now. And no one has more output than him since '89, so I can see why he's kinda on autopilot these days. But for some Nas sh*t, you gotta get back to high level. There's no excuse to be giving bro these interlude sounding throwaway beats.