My nikkas tellin me Takeoff and Quavo just got shot in Houston….

HTXBreh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston Tx
Real street nikka. In the streets, abided by street code, official
The first sign someone a herb has to ask whats a real nikka.They want you say something about the street so they can act like they Obama.When in reality they been doing they best real nikka inpersonation since the moment they met dudes like that.

Superstar
Daps
Come say that around here and fukk around and find out. nikkas gonna learn, hood is hood. Real nikkas in Dover, DE and Wilmington, DE. Real nikkas everywhere. Lawrenceville got jects like Bankhead.

They just tore down the bigger complex a few years back to build the nice apartment complex south of downtown. Lawrenceville is full of low income apartments, shytty housing, and public housing. I know the south eastern end was historically black, and many of the descending black families are still struggling, after all their shyt was razed back in the day. The northern and eastern sides of lawrenceville are still pretty rough.

I live in a nice house, in a nice quiet majority black subdivision. The median value before the price pump was 260,000+. There is public housing, 3 run down motels, a low income apt complex within a half mile of me. My house in now worth 390,000 after the housing price pump.

There’s a huge low income townhouse community within 2 miles. Between me and that complex are subdivisions starting in the 400,000’s. On the backside of those town houses (where shooting and murders have happened) is a new attached house complex starting in the 300,000’s. A few more miles people complain of shootings and break ins every night. All of west, south, central Gwinnett is like this.

The north even has buford which is full of both extremely wealthy and dirt poor cac’s. Gwinnett is the biggest and most diverse county in GA. It takes an hour to drive from one end to the other.

Gwinnett is weird like South west Atlanta (from Hightower rd down to Stanton rd). You’ll have a nice neighborhood and then something run down and rife with crime). I’ve also spoken about how the county DOES NOT like bad news and will suppress it (I work for them).

Anyone saying that any of the counties touching Fulton don’t have rough spots probably haven’t been very far off the freeway if they’ve been there at all.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
I like how the O.P. has 0 posts in here since he made this thread.
I mean all these industry folks are probably shook right now, Migos is literally the biggest rap group and one of them goes out like that.... :wow: ....folks probably trying to recalibrate how they moving right now

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
The more I think about it, this is really not out of the norm. Unfortunately It's just a situation of terrible odds.

Because think about how many stories we have heard about parties ending when shots let off. "man, we was at the party and nikkas started shootin, we ducked out".

Many times we hear about this and many times no one gets hit, or someone might get hit with a stray and live, or less frequently someone might get hit by a stray and die. If they're not famous then unfortunately it's not a big deal in the media

But with the amount of times this happens at parties, it's just a matter of when it happened to someone famous

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
The more I think about it, this is really not out of the norm. Unfortunately It's just a situation of terrible odds.

Because think about how many stories we have heard about parties ending when shots let off. "man, we was at the party and nikkas started shootin, we ducked out".

Many times we hear about this and many times no one gets hit, or someone might get hit with a stray and live, or less frequently someone might get hit by a stray and die. If they're not famous then unfortunately it's not a big deal in the media

But with the amount of times this happens at parties, it's just a matter of when it happened to someone famous
Yeah I agree, the abnormal part of it is that Takeoff got killed cuz you expect the money to be protected. If it was a non famous bystander shot and killed, this would be a totally different situation with less sorrow unfortunately. Quavo and Takeoff both still alive would mean less people being emotionally invested in this.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
does anyone know if the guy is really takeoff's uncle / quavo's brother? fans all over his comments saying he's the shooter.

Unfortunate. I can't stand this logic of a nicca swing on you and your first reaction is to pull your pistol and start firing.

On top of this, these hothead nikkas think they're Rambo or some kind of real marksmen.

A real security detail would've never let this happen. You'll never catch Diddy or Drake with this kind of "protection"

Taharqa

Superstar
Daps
A Black man losing his life over NOTHING and I mean NOTHING

That situation warranted no one's death, just extreme recklessness. I feel bad for takeoff cause he didn't seem like the one to get into bullshyt.

One of these days, and probably soon, a conversation and actions will need to be had on the state of our community and what, currently, rap involvement in it is. There is only one genre of music where the people involved in it die far more.

I used to listen to rap/drill/etc all the damn time. As I've gotten older, my music moved toward a calm, less violent sound. It is sad what the state of hip-hop is now.
RIP to that black man and all the others who have lost their lives to bullshyt. I don't see an end in sight :mjcry:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Pretty interesting that Quavo was talking about doing an anti Grammy concert with j prince back in March.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
A Black man losing his life over NOTHING and I mean NOTHING

That situation warranted no one's death, just extreme recklessness. I feel bad for takeoff cause he didn't seem like the one to get into bullshyt.

One of these days, and probably soon, a conversation and actions will need to be had on the state of our community and what, currently, rap involvement in it is. There is only one genre of music where the people involved in it die far more.

I used to listen to rap/drill/etc all the damn time. As I've gotten older, my music moved toward a calm, less violent sound. It is sad what the state of hip-hop is now.
RIP to that black man and all the others who have lost their lives to bullshyt. I don't see an end in sight :mjcry:

Same here..anyone who rode with me already knew it was gonna play Gucci or 21 when I was young. I’m 34 now & only listen to old school r&b or podcast.