My nikkas tellin me Takeoff and Quavo just got shot in Houston….

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Black MUSICIANS and ENTERTAINERS are out here getting KILLED on a regular basis.

You don't see shyt like that to this degree with any other race.
Rip to Takeoff. For the millionth time. Rap is the only genre of music that came from the streets/hood. Show me a rapper that got killed and it wasn’t over street shyt. All of this was so unavoidable given where he made it to man smh

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
The point is that both the most mainstream popular rappers and the new up-and-coming rappers typically glorify dysfunctional and dangerous activities.

My guess is that in the last five years, there hasn't been a rap billboard ranking where one of the top 5 songs didn't have a reference to murder or gun talk. And so for you to say there's no connection seems like you don't listen to rap or are being willfully ignorant on the situtation.

Personally, I listen here and there, but I'm pivoting harder to AfroBeats and older music than ever before
Again, that is not a "Rap" problem. If you become a rapper and talk about spaceships or non criminal shyt, are you at an increased risk of dying just because the fact you are a rapper? I do not hear shyt about rappers on that Mos Def/Positive tip getting killed. The problem is we have criminals masquerading as rappers bringing their street beefs with them, plus the rappers that want to keep up a "gangsta" persona participating in dysfunctional activities. The profession is not the issue, but the people that take part in it.

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
I hate to say it, but we can't even be around most of our own people anymore, really it's the 35 and under crowd that's doing all the wild shyt. . There's always some crash dummies ready to crash out. Hiphop just enhances and promotes the ignorance in our community. Doesn't take much for shyt to jumpoff with our people nowadays. As soon as I see a bunch of older teenagers and 20 somethings, I'm getting ready to roll. Seen too much already.

It aint even worth being out there on the scene anymore. Fukk them golddigging hoez, fukk the excitement of being with the in crowd and stunting. I've been to Houston probably a dozen times this year alone, i do my low key thing, see my fam and chicks. Hit a few spots early and get the hell on. There's a dark cloud over Houston. Dark energy. Starting to get that some vibe I always got in New Orleans in certain spots. Like you know already know you got killers everywhere nowadays. If you in a place where they aint really checking for guns, you don't need to be in there especially if you hot and or well known. Who the fukk had them out there when there's a bunch of unknown guys with jackets on and they now search for weapons??

:mjcry:
Takeoff always seems like a cool dude from your neighborhood. Never in no trouble and always chilling.
I know Quavo sick and will never be the same.

FgenYQwWIAAJfnj

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Again, that is not a "Rap" problem. If you become a rapper and talk about spaceships or non criminal shyt, are you at an increased risk of dying just because the fact you are a rapper? I do not hear shyt about rappers on that Mos Def/Positive tip getting killed. The problem is we have criminals masquerading as rappers bringing their street beefs with them, plus the rappers that want to keep up a "gangsta" persona participating in dysfunctional activities. The profession is not the issue, but the people that take part in it.
Exactly. In addition to that, many of these rappers aren't gangstas/criminals but bring them with them.

There are industry producers out there who liked a tweet by another producer who said literally "I love it when the gangstas leave the studio and only the artists are left."

Those were mainstream trap producers who cosigned taht tweet as well.

Street dudes are literally there to clout chase and rappers are trying to build street cred. It's a shame.

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yes. And what sells the most in rap now/for the last decade is pushing a culture of murder and guns, not Mos Def positive raps

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Some of these nikkas don’t give a single fukk about black men and the black community. Same nikkas talking about poverty and way more significant socioeconomic factors is an excuse but keep harping about rap music and symptoms they’re not trying to have a serious discussion
Some of them aren’t even black :mjlol:

but as the great scholar franz fanon said in his book “black skin white mask” when you been oppressed over along period of time, you’ll start to see yourself through the eyes of your oppressor.

The reason you hear these so called black people parroting white racist talking points is because they see themselves through the eyes of a Caucasian. That’s why whenever a black person commits a crime it’s the same ole “we is our own worst enemy”