My homie asked his girl to sign a pre-nup. She said no

Malfoy

Sweet Thing.
Daps
TurboNégro;1457978 said:
Marriage in itself is a contract with legal ramifications, so how can you be willing to enter into that contract but have qualms about this contract? And do you feel this way about all forms of insurance i.e. life, auto, home, or is a prenup(marriage insurance) a special case? Is it wise to enter any serious business relationship without a contract? let's not kid ourselves marriage is indeed a business, a merger if you will two entities becoming one.

what's in it for me?
:laugh:

If i'm getting married, I wouldn't be marrying anyone with the mindset of "I hope she doesn't try to get me got!" If that is the case, then we do not need to be getting married if he thinks so low of me in the first place. I'm sure it wouldn't bother him and I can guarantee it wouldn't bother me either. I'm not on my head looking for a ring or marriage but if he were to bring up the prospect of signing a prenup then I'll just say goodbye, no biggie.

For the person that said it's retarded for me to leave my man if he went to Brazil without me, you can do whatever the hell you want in your "household" but me and mine? It won't be going down like that and if I tell him i'm uncomfortable with something and he still goes? he can kiss my ass goodbye.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
what's in it for me?

If i'm getting married, I wouldn't be marrying anyone with the mindset of "I hope she doesn't try to get me got!" If that is the case, then we do not need to be getting married if he thinks so low of me in the first place. I'm sure it wouldn't bother him and I can guarantee it wouldn't bother me either. I'm not on my head looking for a ring or marriage but if he were to bring up the prospect of signing a prenup then I'll just say goodbye, no biggie.

For the person that said it's retarded for me to leave my man if he went to Brazil without me, you can do whatever the hell you want in your "household" but me and mine? It won't be going down like that and if I tell him i'm uncomfortable with something and he still goes? he can kiss my ass goodbye.

first off i'd like to point out the hypocritical statements you've made when it comes to prenups and brazil. he should trust you enough not to want a prenup...then you should trust him enough to let him go to brazil. him going to brazil makes u uncomfortable so he shouldnt go...well him getting married without a prenup makes him uncomfortable so you should sign it.

heres a scenario for you:

we lookin into getting married. all my current property/assets is in my mothers name. is that ok? why or why not?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
What troubles me the most is that this is a regular GOOD girl. And this minor issue might ruin a relationship. :wow: All she gotta do is sign it. He's not asking for anything other than the property he owns that has nothing to do with her. Why do women have to make this so emotional? :why:

If this is the case, I think all he has to do is really stress this. Tell her it's not her fault, but he just doesn't want to take any chances of being fukked if something does happen. Hopefully she'll understand. I can definitely understand her beef with him apparently not trusting her in the situation, but hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

Everything after they get married is fair game (which it would be anyway).

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
My cousins sister in-law got a divorce from her man of 9yrs(White dude) he was in the army and was the one that filed for divorce. In the beginning she was crying damn near every day and couldnt understand what went wrong and how it could have happened.

My cousin was telling me he knew she was cheating on ol dude cause she would say some reckless shyt like, "If he comes home and is missing a body part Im divorcing him..."

Anyways white dude let her keep his brand new 2011 Camaro and she got half the money for when the house was sold. The crazy thing is if she would have stayed with him for 1 more yr then got a divorce she would have been getting a piece of his military retirement fund for LIFE.

and just because of yall calling duck tales...
heres what she looks like:
308d4yq.jpg

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
My cousins sister in-law got a divorce from her man of 9yrs(White dude) he was in the army and was the one that filed for divorce. In the beginning she was crying damn near every day and couldnt understand what went wrong and how it could have happened.

My cousin was telling me he knew she was cheating on ol dude cause she would say some reckless shyt like, "If he comes home and is missing a body part Im divorcing him..."

Anyways white dude let her keep his brand new 2011 Camaro and she got half the money for when the house was sold. The crazy thing is if she would have stayed with him for 1 more yr then got a divorce she would have been getting a piece of his military retirement fund for LIFE.

and just because of yall calling duck tales...
heres what she looks like:
308d4yq.jpg

this is the truth. dudes i work with have similar stories

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
what's in it for me?

You sound like a woman who doesn't have a man. Woman aren't this callous when they are dealing with their own relationships.

You are not going to leave your man if he takes a trip to Brazil if you love him. You are going to sit there, pout, be mad about it for a week, then get the hell over it and have his dikk in your mouth in no time. :ufdup:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tell that nikka to spin the shyt on some "if you truly love me & you aren't a golddigger, sign this prenup."

If that doesnt work, he has to leave. In this era of marriage, you have to make business decisions. There is nothing wrong with being selfish & you wanting to have something of your own. It's his property that he worked hard for & he wants to keep that

And for the ones saying a broke dude shouldnt get a prenup, those dudes have it the worst if they get divorced.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
The wrestler, real name Terry Bollea, agreed to give his ex-wife 40 percent ownership of his companies as well as more than 70 percent of their liquid assets.

In addition Linda will also receive $3million in a property settlement, according to Florida newspaper The St Petersburg Times.

The paper states that the mother-of-two received $7.44million of the couple’s $10.41million which was held in bank accounts.

:wow:

:whoo: That's some expensive p*ssy right there.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Tell that nikka to man up! It's just a year. :wtb:

I know nikkaz who got fukked WAY worse than that with their wallet.

:comeon: You right tho. But, damn putting out that rack every month gotta be some painful shyt.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
The simple logical answer is don't get married. F*ck the prenup, f*ck all the bullsh*t, just don't get married. Have the ceremony, but no certificate, if you really feel so strongly about it. if the girl isn't at least as rich as you (AT LEAST), then don't get married. I would understand if you guys broke up and split the assets in half, but all this future earnings is complete b.s.

In fact, I propose a law to the contrary. ALL couples should be required by law to sign a prenuptial contract before marriage. Outside of the prenuptial contract, whatever you came in with, is what you leave with. Nowadays b*tches have more incentive to divorce than to stay with the man they married for financial reasons, a law like this would solve all these problems (and probably reduce the marriage rate by 30-50% :russ:)

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You sound like a woman who doesn't have a man. Woman aren't this callous when they are dealing with their own relationships.

You are not going to leave your man if he takes a trip to Brazil if you love him. You are going to sit there, pout, be mad about it for a week, then get the hell over it and have his dikk in your mouth in no time. :ufdup:

:whew:

but honestly, this chick's post are exactly why every modern man should get a pre-nup. weird entitlement logic is in full effect