My homie asked his girl to sign a pre-nup. She said no

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
That's why you get it signed and notarized in the presence of a neutral 3rd party. How can she claim duress in that instance?

this is true but nikkas was talking about whipping out a prenup the day of the marriage and shyt :stopitslime: (yea i know they were joking but still gotta let some nikkas know cause they'll bekieve that shyt).

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
UGH At reading some of these answers. nikkaS, GET A GOD DAMN PRENUP END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fukk how much money you got prior to getting married, you could have something or be dead ass broke still get a fukking prenup. If you get married without one thinking "I ain't got shyt for her to take no how," you are a big fukking loser. So your saying during the course of this marriage you ain't never gonna be shyt or have shyt? You could win the lottery while your married or come up on a inheritance or someting ANYTHING, get a prenup. Hell you could get some money and then decide you wanna trade up. Your wife might chunk up and not wanna lose weight and you want a new bytch give yourself the option of a clean getaway by getting a prenup.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
If he or I for that matter feel like there's a gamble of sorts then I do not want to get married. We can keep things just how they are.

im not sure why that would bother him. say you met a nikka like me in real life, swept you off your feet or whatever and u down to do almost anything to spend the rest of your life with him, except sign a pre nup. you are still down to do everything a normal wife would, just without the ring and title? simply because you wont get married with a pre nup? i dont understand whats in it for you...but i like the way that sounds :youngsabo:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
UGH At reading some of these answers. nikkaS, GET A GOD DAMN PRENUP END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fukk how much money you got prior to getting married, you could have something or be dead ass broke still get a fukking prenup. If you get married without one thinking "I ain't got shyt for her to take no how," you are a big fukking loser. So your saying during the course of this marriage you ain't never gonna be shyt or have shyt? You could win the lottery while your married or come up on a inheritance or someting ANYTHING, get a prenup. Hell you could get some money and then decide you wanna trade up. Your wife might chunk up and not wanna lose weight and you want a new bytch give yourself the option of a clean getaway by getting a prenup.

Are you married?

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I didn't know this:ohhh: These girls need to stfu and sign then. I don't see whats the problem

Yea breh, my freshman year of english in college we had to write a yr long argumentative paper. I used to read about on celebrity divorces/ prenups and that shyt really would hurt my soul when I read how much these nikkas would lose :to:. So I decided to do my paper on prenups. And it basically made me realize that men with money (whether they made it before or after they got married) are screwed if they ever divorce a female of lower financial status than they are. If you marry just know this ahead of time and at least marry a woman you wouldnt mind losing your assets to and have kids with. After doing the paper pre-nup or no pre-nup these divorce laws suck donkey dikk.

Even if you sign an ironclad prenup its all up to the judge. Sometimes nikkas try to protect too much in the pre-nup and judges throw it out because they were deemed "unfair", basically if one party attempts to make the other destitute after the mariage the pre-nup will get thrown out. Also gotta make sure the bytch had her own lawyer present when she signed the pre-nup becuase if its proven she didnt have her on legal counsel to review it, it can get thrown out as well.

The only thing a pre-nup is going to help you out with is if you have some kind of business, fmaily heirloom/inheritance, company before you got married. But if you caked up before the marriage and most especially after you goin be coughing up some of that bread regardless, unless you figure out someway to prove she defrauded you or mislead you in some way. Make sure you marry someone you would not mind given bread to. Or have an amicable split in which you get to her before those greedy lawyers do (those are the biggest problems in divorces, alot of times the woman doesnt even know wtf she can ask for or what she can get, its their lawyers who's in their ear tryna take you for an arm and a leg). Break her off a head of time before lawyers even get involved like 50 cent and Diddy did with their baby moms.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
:dwillhuh: man....chicks are getting half of dude's 401ks and retirements and all sorts of ridiculous shyt like that. not just rich dudes either. if he got to the point of asking her about it, he gotta go all the way with it and leave her alone. and he would be paying for her med school too? :scusthov:

This is true. I know a dude who has to pay his ex-wife 1k per month. He only makes about 50-60k a year. There are no kids involved either :wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This is true. I know a dude who has to pay his ex-wife 1k per month. He only makes about 50-60k a year. There are no kids involved either :wow:

Sounds like a broad with no job before marriage. If she had a job while they were married and had a decent salary, there would be no alimony.

How long does he have to pay though? It shouldn't be that long.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Sounds like a broad with no job before marriage. If she had a job while they were married and had a decent salary, there would be no alimony.

How long does he have to pay though? It shouldn't be that long.

She had a job breh, but was out of work for like 2 years due to medical issues. He has to pay for about a year I think. But still, that gotta hurt.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Here's how you do it.

If you're serious abour protecting your dough you can do one of 2 things....

a) hide your assets from her.
b) tell her from jump (before yall even get serious) that no matter what any broad you marry, will have to sign a prenup. Don't leave her with nothing. Work out a deal where you give her money/assets, just nothing near half.

Here's a story though. Hoes are ruthless as fukk. My boy got engaged to this broad (I told him he was dumb...didn't listen to me). So they buy a house together. When it comes time to sign the papers, they're both out of the country and they agree to let the broad's dad sign the papers. They end up calling off the wedding and breaking up. Months later this dude gets SUED $20K by her claiming he owes her the $$$. He couldn't fight it cuz he never signed the papers.

Protect yourselves...and if you don't want to, just understand what you could potentially lose.

I won't be going the prenup route, but my girl makes good bank, has a whip and property so eventhough I can get fukked over...the chances are not as high. Plus...I've put my mom on every property I own. I'll just increase her ownership prior to shacking up. :krs:

ON THE FLIPSIDE:

I know a dude who got married..they were together like 6 years. They got divorced said "fukk the lawyers", they sold the crib and split the profit down the middle and wen their separate ways. A divorce isn't always a death sentence. A lot of it has to do with the quality of the person you're with.

Marry a woman with a career that makes good money and has assets. Stop marrying them fat ass, bum bytches. If you're supporting a girl, you deserved to get taken.