My homie asked his girl to sign a pre-nup. She said no

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
All the BS aside, there was some pretty decent advice and some good points made in here. :ld:

Imma pass the good shyt along but I already have a feeling he's not going to push it too far. :snoop:

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps
All the BS aside, there was some pretty decent advice and some good points made in here. :ld:

Imma pass the good shyt along but I already have a feeling he's not going to push it too far. :snoop:

then throw your friendship in the bushes

u dont need weak ass nikkaz in your crew

how hard can it be for young,black engineer to find a suitable partner in this country??

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lets put it this way I have family property in my name and any chick I'm marrying is going to sign a pre nup regardless. Fuk I look like losing my moms hard work over some greedy ass hoe

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
:troll: @ Kimora only having a ceremonial wedding with the African dude so she can still get her alimony checks from Russell :krs:

spl302379_060_1.jpg

Looking like a chump :snoop: Those two purposely avoided filing for marriage in the US because she still wanted Russ to support her lifestyle :snoop: She got a new husband & hes blasting that p*ssy everynight, seeding her up and Russ was footing the bill :snoop: I couldnt even call myself a man after that :dead:

Kimora the only winner in that photo. Both men and all the kids lost :snoop: Amistand should have smashed and flea flickered that sh*t back to Lil Wayne and Baby.

AsAboveSoBelow

The Empire State
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Jamaica Queens
The fact that she doesn't want to sign the agreement shows that she already exhibits signs of unstability.

All that should matter to her is that he wants to protect things that are his before they get married and that's that. If their relationship had a clearer mutual understanding, her signing a pre-nuptual agreement wouldn't even be an issue because she wouldn't think of it as that drastic.

This let's me know that:

1) They probably haven't been together that long for her to not understand what he's trying to protect/his train of thought and 2) She thinks about herself first and that's terrible because they are supposedly planning to enter into a union for TWO.

Homie needs to ditch that joint. Marriage is just another thing to do for her it seems.

:rudy:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
Honestly, Idk. I never really thought about it. My brother has told me stories about Tokyo but as of now I really don't have any feelings about that situation because idk why he (hypothetical) would be going there. I know why men go to Brazil with their boys though.

:leostare: ...and what if your man and his boys are Brazilian-American?

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
Drake equation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:wtf:

The Drake equation is a mathematical equation used to estimate the number of detectable extraterrestrial civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy. It is used in the field of the Search for ExtraTerrestrial Intelligence (SETI). The equation was devised in 1961 by Frank Drake, Emeritus Professor of Astronomy and Astrophysics at the University of California, Santa Cruz.

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I am willing to sign a pre-nup. Infact it is a must...I will probably be making more than my husband.

edit: They never discussed a pre-nup when they were talking about marriage? :what:

yeahisaidit

All Star
Daps
I see it from both sides.

I understand him, because he should be able to protect what's he's coming into the marriage with. His property should NOT be up for grabs if there's a divorce.

I understand her as well, because asking for a pre-nup is basically setting a tone that he doesn't trust her if shyt was to go down.

I really hope your friend and his girl gets some sort of counseling (legal or otherwise) about this and work something out. I don't think this situation should be the death of their relationship.

I am PRO-PRENUP by the way...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:whew:

Now he's at a stalemate. Dude just wants to protect the property that he owned before they get married.

She's playing the "You're predicting us to fail! Do I seem like the type of woman to do you dirty?!?" card and refusing to sign.

Any advice for this brother. He's a good dude too. and I know he loves her dearly. She's a good girl as well and not the gold-digging type but she's stuck on the perception of the whole thing.

I told him to flip it on her and say "If we don't work out then you got nothin to worry about baby."

It's lookin like he's gonna have to just let it go and get married or make a point and break-up.

They both feel VERY STRONG about this. I told him if he gives up now he's taking the first L of his marriage and its a sign of things to come.

I'm just glad it aint me bruhs. :whew::whew:

But if it was me I'd call her bluff and cancel the wedding. The embarassment a woman gets from a cancelled engagement >>>> a mans.

I want them to work out tho. We need more black love. :damn:
The fact that she wouldn't sign says it all. He should drop her. She's trying to make a power play so if the relationship does fail she cam get his stuff.

Ask and woman to sign one of those and if the response is anything less than something to the effect of that she doesn't even want your shyt so of course she'll sign then drop her.

Malfoy

Sweet Thing.
Daps
so you would fukk a guy u like and trust RAW before seeing his clean std test?
u gonna take his word for it cuz you 'trust' him?
NO.

This is a different animal all together and I don't really want to change the topic of the thread but STD results are not the same as a damn prenuptial agreement.

I don't necessarily think prenup's are a bad idea but I'm not going to sit here and lie and say I wouldn't be offended (my original post) if someone asked me to sign one right before we got married and he never mentioned it to me before. To that end, if he or I have assets that need to be protected I would either speak on it waaaaaaaay in advance or opt not to marry the person if I thought they would go after it (ie. family property, heirlooms etc). However, I am of the belief that when I get married what is mine becomes ours and vice versa. We are a unit, not something independent of one another. I know everyone does not view marriage in this way and that is fine.

Daps
I see it from both sides.

I understand him, because he should be able to protect what's he's coming into the marriage with. His property should NOT be up for grabs if there's a divorce.

I understand her as well, because asking for a pre-nup is basically setting a tone that he doesn't trust her if shyt was to go down.

I really hope your friend and his girl gets some sort of counseling (legal or otherwise) about this and work something out. I don't think this situation should be the death of their relationship.

I am PRO-PRENUP by the way...

It's really not setting that tone at all, and anti-prenup women (who are allegedly "good girls) need to rethink their views on this subject. It's not setting that tone anymore than hopping in a car with your friend and fastening your seat belt sets the tone that you think your friend is a bad driver.

Both are just the prudent things to do.