My homie asked his girl to sign a pre-nup. She said no

Malfoy

Sweet Thing.
Daps
You sound like a woman who doesn't have a man. Woman aren't this callous when they are dealing with their own relationships.

You are not going to leave your man if he takes a trip to Brazil if you love him. You are going to sit there, pout, be mad about it for a week, then get the hell over it and have his dikk in your mouth in no time. :ufdup:
:beli:
Look, if I say "NO" (or if he says, "NO") and you still do it? fukk being mad, what is that going to do, not a damn thing. I can leave. He can go wherever the hell he wants.:ehh:

first off i'd like to point out the hypocritical statements you've made when it comes to prenups and brazil. he should trust you enough not to want a prenup...then you should trust him enough to let him go to brazil. him going to brazil makes u uncomfortable so he shouldnt go...well him getting married without a prenup makes him uncomfortable so you should sign it.

heres a scenario for you:

we lookin into getting married. all my current property/assets is in my mothers name. is that ok? why or why not?

I'm not sure what you think i'm saying is hypocritical but i'll make it simple.
If we need to sign one, I'd rather not get married. That'll be no sweat off of his or my own back.
As for Brazil or anything i'm uncomfortable with (or that he is uncomfortable with) i'll leave, and he can too.

Again, I feel like I should reiterate I DO NOT NEED to get married.

As for your scenario, I don't care, keep them in your mother's name. If that makes you feel more comfortable then so be it, but the difference is we spoke about it beforehand.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I am willing to sign a pre-nup. Infact it is a must...I will probably be making more than my husband.

edit: They never discussed a pre-nup when they were talking about marriage? :what:

This. Pretty sure she'd be more receptive to working something out if he brought it up earlier.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
It seems like when a woman knows exactly what prenup is they dont want anything to do with it, because it completely evens the playing field (when done correctly).

I agree that things purchased together that both parties put in on (Houses, businesses, cars) should be split equally.

I think they need to have a calm well thought out discussion about it, and modify the agreement to something she can agree with. It's not like its a all or nothing thing, they can have it drawn up to very specific terms.

If she can't agree that thye should keep the things they came in with, and built themselves during the marriage (like retirement accounts). Then its time to
725695_o.gif

Daps
This notion that a prenup = a lack of trust is complete hogwash

I wonder how many of these anti-prenup broads would agree to throwing that divorce option completely out of the window (yanno, actually honoring the 'for better or for worse....til death do us part' vow)...

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I be so torn on the issue of prenups :whew:

My father has all of our "family" property in his name (2 houses and other things). My mom's name is not on those things. And all of it is willed to me. So of course I would not want to lose any of that.

But then I'm also very traditional when it comes to marriage and I don't think a pre-nup falls in line with that. If I have to plan for the failure of something that is supposed to last forever, then maybe she isn't the one I'm about to commit that with. I would try to find a woman who worth was equal to mine or who I'd really really really believe would be there for the long run. I don't see the point of planning for a bad end if we're both good people. I also think a pre-nup weakens the bonds of the marriage a little bit.

As for your boy, he might as well leave now. I'm sure this chick is already plotting on the next dude she's gonna hit. If not, it will never be the same. You don't spring a pre-nup AFTER you put that ring on the finger. It's something you discuss long beforehand in preparation for making that step. People should be able to see when their relationship is making it to that level and be able to bring up that conversation long before. It doesn't seem like your boy was ready when he popped that question. You have to lay it all out on the table before making that kind of commitment so that both parties can decide if that's something they want to agree on or not.

Also, a lot of you don't know what prenups actually mean and the legalities of them. You're really basing your info on falsified information. There will never be a pre-nup that will stop you from paying alimony/child support. Judges make that discretion themselves. Judges also reserve the right to throw prenups out.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I posted this before but will repeat. My boss recently divorced and just sold his mansion and gave over half his assets to his ex. On top of that she asked for "lifetime alimony". Not for their kids, for HER. He had to go through a lengthy trial to fight that as well as other crazy shyt she was asking for. During the trial his ex brought her friends on stand to explain how bad of a husband he was. He also had to go on stand and get berated by her attorney.

Fun huh? You can tell your boy this story.

Did his wife work?

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
:whew:

Now he's at a stalemate. Dude just wants to protect the property that he owned before they get married.

She's playing the "You're predicting us to fail! Do I seem like the type of woman to do you dirty?!?" card and refusing to sign.

Any advice for this brother. He's a good dude too. and I know he loves her dearly. She's a good girl as well and not the gold-digging type but she's stuck on the perception of the whole thing.

I told him to flip it on her and say "If we don't work out then you got nothin to worry about baby."

It's lookin like he's gonna have to just let it go and get married or make a point and break-up.

They both feel VERY STRONG about this. I told him if he gives up now he's taking the first L of his marriage and its a sign of things to come.

I'm just glad it aint me bruhs. :whew::whew:

But if it was me I'd call her bluff and cancel the wedding. The embarassment a woman gets from a cancelled engagement >>>> a mans.

I want them to work out tho. We need more black love. :damn:

TELL HIM DONT fukkINGG DOOO IT

how many people get married to the "perfect girl" "the one" "good girl"

then a couple years later she doesnt feel emotionally attached anymore then calls it off :scusthov: MAKE SURE HE SIGNS nikka DONT LET HIM DO IT

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
how many of the married guys on here have pre nups?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This notion that a prenup = a lack of trust is complete hogwash

I wonder how many of these anti-prenup broads would agree to throwing that divorce option completely out of the window (yanno, actually honoring the 'for better or for worse....til death do us part' vow)...
The whole pre-nup = lack of trust strategy is nothing more than emotional manipulation. Women use these sorts of tactics on men all the time. She says something that puts the man in a defensive emotional state and he complies with the way she wants things to play out because he wants to prove himself. The outcome always favors the woman.

example: woman wants to go to club and tells boyfriend. He doesn't like it and doesn't agree to it. She suggest he's giving her a hard time cause he doesn't trust her. he instantly becomes defensive and suddenly switches his position and gives her his blessing. Notice she could have saw things his way and said ok and not have gone but she instead chose to manipulate him to agree with her.

when you are an ex-simp you know all about these sorts of games women play to get their way. Most however brainlessly fall for them.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It seems like when a woman knows exactly what prenup is they dont want anything to do with it, because it completely evens the playing field (when done correctly).

I agree that things purchased together that both parties put in on (Houses, businesses, cars) should be split equally.

I think they need to have a calm well thought out discussion about it, and modify the agreement to something she can agree with. It's not like its a all or nothing thing, they can have it drawn up to very specific terms.

If she can't agree that thye should keep the things they came in with, and built themselves during the marriage (like retirement accounts). Then its time to
725695_o.gif
Prenup evens what playing field?

Child support is the thing that makes divorce so costly for the man.

When both spouses work. There is no alimony.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The best solution to this problem is for your homeboy to marry her when she finishes school and has job.

Then he wouldnt have to worry about a prenup

Daps
I
But then I'm also very traditional when it comes to marriage and I don't think a pre-nup falls in line with that. If I have to plan for the failure of something that is supposed to last forever, then maybe she isn't the one I'm about to commit that with. I would try to find a woman who worth was equal to mine or who I'd really really really believe would be there for the long run. I don't see the point of planning for a bad end if we're both good people. I also think a pre-nup weakens the bonds of the marriage a little bit.

Again, this notion is ridiculous.

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Id flip the script on her. Be like, "No the pre nup is just extra motivation to make sure we stay together thru the rough times" or some shyt.

Other then that...its a poker game. I'd be like yeah bytch, OK lets just go ahead and get married. Then the day of the wedding after all that planning...all her family came out, friends, coworkers, etc. Id hit her with that paperwork. Be like u better sign this shyt right now or imma leave your ass at the alter.

:wow:

Thats some cold blooded shyt right there breh