My criminal record is hindering me from getting a job

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
The military option is out right now because they aren't starving...they trying to kick people out now actually.

Bruh your best bet is to become your own boss. Learn a skill or buy some lawn equipment or your own catering service.

In this age, counting on a job working for someone else will let you down everytime.

It's time we people placed things back in order and make employers realize that it's THEY who should be grateful they have someone wiling to help them realize their dream. They have the game flipped to where we supposed to be appreciative because they ALLOW us to work on their job. Wrong answer!

The record can't be sealed either because you were found guilty, so don't fall for that scam and pay someone $500 for nothing.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I am not a programmer. But I will say that software developers are in HUGE demand with RoR professionals being the rarest. A few M's won't stop you from finding SOMEBODY that needs your skills. Hell, I know a few dudes with some F's under their belts making good money as contract workers. Learn some highly demanded languages and get to steppin.

Soon, you'll have a proven track record for success and your record won't really matter so much after that.

No reason why a record should keep you from the American dream.

bruh you described me 100%

Ralph Wiggum

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I know how you feel, I'm in the same boat as you. I got turned down for plenty of minimum wage jobs because of my felony gun charge. I'm still on felony probation though and when i get off I can get it dropped to a misdemeanor than expunged. It's tough but you still have options. Since you can't get your record sealed I recommend joining your local laborers union. They take felons. In addition you start out at like 14 dollars an hour, within 12-18 months you'll be over 20 easily.

Go to Laborers' International Union of North America find your local office and call and get an apprentice application, regardless of whether theyre taking them or not just ask for one and send it in. Call every month and stay on it. Eventually they'll pick you up and send you to boot camp for like 2 weeks. It's just basically lifting heavy shyt back and forth to see if youre in shape. Once you get your job just make sure you stay on top of your labor school training(which they also pay for) and get that done so you have no problems moving up. I have a lot of friends who do this and they are making 27 an hr at the local solar plant. I would do it myself but im going to school.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
that sucks your best bet is maybe a family member who owns a business, or if you go to church maybe soemone there will give you a second chance.

this is why so many dudes reoffend because you are basically screwed anyways, thank God i just had a young offender record that' was expunged at 18.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Long story short...I caught two charges that are haunting me seriously smfh...

2 years ago I got into some shyt and a nikka felt dat burn.

My charges are brandishing a firearm (misdemeanor) and assault and battery (misdemeanor). It's like no one will fukking hire me with this record. I've had 3 job opportunities to make 10+ an hour... I do exceedingly will durning the interview... I past my drug test... But when it comes to the backgroundcheck....it gets me everytime. I'm like damn,can a nikka live.. All I wanna do is work and stay trouble free. shyt depresses me brehs. I work now... But I had this job before I got locked.. Now I feel ima be stuck at this dead end job forever. I'm 23 no kids..

i never heard of a nikka not getting a job becuz of a misdemeanor..every app i filled out only ask if you've been convicted of a felony

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not on probation... And I don't hang with fukk nikkas... I work,workout,and chill with my woman EVERYDAY!!! Rinse repeat. I'm with my local laborer company now.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
People of all backgrounds arent getting jobs. I caught a assault case 3yrs ago. But i was already with my current job(thank god). I may have miss it in ur OP post but wat are u trying to do?

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
1) trying to have record expunged/sealed
2) start you own business
3) move from blue collar job to black collar job (keep the money in the black, money coming)
4) have a good explanation on job form...when future employer ask, if you young on some bullshi, and you was playing with guns employers can see thru such...but if it was truly self-defense and attorney botched the case...a future employer might be understanding...
5) stay on a narrow / clean...so one can say x years ago such happened...now everything has been clean...
6) find jobs which are lenient...some jobs do not even do backgrounds...
7) look for tasks/roles work, also look into work from home / telecommute with hiring leeway
8) work with local agencies who hire / convicts / etc

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
i never heard of a nikka not getting a job becuz of a misdemeanor..every app i filled out only ask if you've been convicted of a felony

Then dont come in here and act like you're a lawyer, B. He plead guilty to a misdemeanor, that's a guilty conviction. Once you get that sh*t sealed, it's :win: from there. You can answer no to all that sh*t. And it's like you never had a record.

Damn, what state do u live in that you cant get your sh*t sealed?