My criminal record is hindering me from getting a job

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Then dont come in here and act like you're a lawyer, B. He plead guilty to a misdemeanor, that's a guilty conviction. Once you get that sh*t sealed, it's :win: from there. You can answer no to all that sh*t. And it's like you never had a record.

Damn, what state do u live in that you cant get your sh*t sealed?

:dwillhuh:

breh..wtf are you talking about? i said every app i've seen asks if you been convicted of a FELONY

and i never said you couldn't get your shyt sealed..but if you got more then 1 felony in illinois, you not gettin shyt sealed.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if college graduates without a record cant get jobs your going to have to find a different path

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

breh..wtf are you talking about? i said every app i've seen asks if you been convicted of a FELONY

and i never said you couldn't get your shyt sealed..but if you got more then 1 felony in illinois, you not gettin shyt sealed.

with todays technology.. now a days, they check everything. I've applied for jobs that check your driving record (even though it has nothing to do with the job itself) credit checks.. all types of shyt.

SwagmundFreud

Superstar
Daps
I have no charges and I can't find a job also

Looks like I'll have to start doing volunteer work :why:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK

:comeon:

I dont know the exact wording, but they dont ask just ask that, breh. Anybody here will tell you that.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
:comeon:

I dont know the exact wording, but they dont ask just ask that, breh. Anybody here will tell you that.

maybe they changed it, cuz i haven't had to look for a job in 7 years, and im'ma 3 time felon..

but like they say, "it ain't what you know, its who you know" :win:

Boutdatlife

Shoe & music connoisseur
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I co sign that trade school suggestion.

Try electrician or something where you can get out quick.

Superstar
Daps
Why has nobody asked this guy the obvious question? What state does he live in?

Also, if you live near a university with a law school, I recommend going there. They offer legal advice for free and may help you in possibly getting your record expunged.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
maybe they changed it, cuz i haven't had to look for a job in 7 years, and im'ma 3 time felon..

but like they say, "it ain't what you know, its who you know" :win:

That's sad to here, breh. Im 22, and i have this conversation with my co-workers every week it seems.... You aint getting no type of job with a felony. its over after that.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I co sign that trade school suggestion.

Try electrician or something where you can get out quick.

1. Those Trade schools cost money
2. What do u think the companies that hire these, electricians, plumbers, etc, put on their applications or look for when they do background checks?:heh:

Criminal record, no job! Simple as that.

Daps
my dad has a horrible record. when he is free he does under the table construction work.

Boutdatlife

Shoe & music connoisseur
Daps
Reppin
DMV
1. Those Trade schools cost money
2. What do u think the companies that hire these, electricians, plumbers, etc, put on their applications or look for when they do background checks?:heh:

Criminal record, no job! Simple as that.

But i know folks with criminal past that got hired :stopitslime:

Trades school cost money but you might get a grant my boy did.