My criminal record is hindering me from getting a job

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
Stay positive and stay strong! I can tell from reading your posts that you're an intelligent man.. and an ambitious one. I don't know you personally but I BELIEVE IN YOU, I really do. I think msims (the weirdo) actually gave you some great advice. Utilize your free time to study an apprentice or a course that will allow you to do freelance work. The only way to really get out of this is to become your own boss. As long as you're working for someone else that background check is going to get you every time. Look into small businesses, freelance type of jobs etc.

Wishing you all the best.
:comeon:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Damn homie, stay up. 1 fcking arrest can fck up your whole life. Can you get your sh*t sealed?

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
In my state if it was a guilty conviction....no.

But I won't give up. Something gotta give

Damn i plead guilty to a misdemenor assault too. shyt was sealed after 1 year. Within that 1 year, that pending/open case cost me a job. Never in my life did i think id get arrested.. thats was just bookings.. i feel sorry for nikkas who actually do real time and sh*t. Leave the country, because yall aint getting a job in America, im sorry.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
They misdemeanors but they violent...thats the problem. Those charges speak to the kind of person you are. Weapons and assault..no one wants to be around people like that. I got waaaayy more charges than you ...even a felony, but mine are driving related.

You need to leave the gun shyt alone. Start looking at your friends and determine which ones are good for your life. Nothing personal, but you cant even get BS job.

You need to focus on school and learn a trade. Get a lawyer and see what your options are about sealing and expungment. Also look into the military.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Long story short...I caught two charges that are haunting me seriously smfh...

2 years ago I got into some shyt and a nikka felt dat burn.

My charges are brandishing a firearm (misdemeanor) and assault and battery (misdemeanor). It's like no one will fukking hire me with this record. I've had 3 job opportunities to make 10+ an hour... I do exceedingly will durning the interview... I past my drug test... But when it comes to the backgroundcheck....it gets me everytime. I'm like damn,can a nikka live.. All I wanna do is work and stay trouble free. shyt depresses me brehs. I work now... But I had this job before I got locked.. Now I feel ima be stuck at this dead end job forever. I'm 23 no kids..

thats a sad story man.

my advise to you is that you stop hanging around with the crew that influenced you in the first place. friends are important, but not when they're the type to invite troublesome situations. because if ur still hanging out with those gun brandishing, fight starting hoodlums, ur life will continue to get fuccked.

and as far as your job is concerned, try changing your name. or getting the records expunge. will cost you. but it might be ur only shot.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
Shot a nikka...... Self defense. But da DA didnt see it that way.

:damn: really? That's fukked up if it was genuinely self-defense and you still got hit for it.

I wish I could add something constructive to the thread, but it's hard enough out here getting a job with a college degree.

Best of luck :(

Daps
read you said your state don't do that...

if you can move out of state...go ahead. Most companies conducting backround checks don't go to the fbi and shyt, and usually only check your state.

Them checks definitely aint nationwide homie