My criminal record is hindering me from getting a job

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
:dwillhuh:

breh..wtf are you talking about? i said every app i've seen asks if you been convicted of a FELONY

and i never said you couldn't get your shyt sealed..but if you got more then 1 felony in illinois, you not gettin shyt sealed.

Background checks. My brother had the same issue. No felonies so he would be called in for the interview. Background check caught the misdemeanors. Automatic rejection.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Background checks. My brother had the same issue. No felonies so he would be called in for the interview. Background check caught the misdemeanors. Automatic rejection.
Man, I think a lot of you would benefit from some "outside the box" thinking when it comes to opportunities for employment. Just because you're a felon doesn't mean you have to work a back-busting trade with a bunch of other offenders. This is triple true for those with a few misdemeanors.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
shyt like this is why I'll never own a gun. I'm a bit of a hot head on the low.

RoCKetSity256

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NorthW62d Hat Boys
@ 15 got jammed up with about 14 rocks I was already on kiddie papers they was tired of dealing with me so they certified me as an adult (you go to grown man jail while youre a juvenile). Got 2 yrs for it in Bama 4 1/2 months kills a year so I did about 10 months in all on a 2. Long story short 2 of the best jobs I ever had in my life I lost because of my felony. If you commiting crimes for anything other than feeding your family you a stupid fukk I got nobody to blame but myself so I have to deal with it and IT IS hard. Moral of the story dont be a dumb fukk and you wont be paying for it the rest of your life! As bad as I can sit here and say my childhood was I still didnt have to fukk with work I chose to and now its costing me!

Kalik

Rasta in Babylon
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Florida / Bahamas
You can only seal/expunge the latest charge in florida. At least you'd have one of them off your record. And you couldn't plead guilty either or some bullshyt... Im not 100% sure

(not sure on what state you in)

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Long story short...I caught two charges that are haunting me seriously smfh...

2 years ago I got into some shyt and a nikka felt dat burn.

My charges are brandishing a firearm (misdemeanor) and assault and battery (misdemeanor). It's like no one will fukking hire me with this record. I've had 3 job opportunities to make 10+ an hour... I do exceedingly will durning the interview... I past my drug test... But when it comes to the backgroundcheck....it gets me everytime. I'm like damn,can a nikka live.. All I wanna do is work and stay trouble free. shyt depresses me brehs. I work now... But I had this job before I got locked.. Now I feel ima be stuck at this dead end job forever. I'm 23 no kids..
This is what people think when they see the words brandishing a firearm. :bustback:
When it means you displayed a firearm, not shoot it.

Try to get in with the French Foreign Legion. I think they'lll hire you, but you have to give up your US citizenship forever. :ohhh:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Man, I think a lot of you would benefit from some "outside the box" thinking when it comes to opportunities for employment. Just because you're a felon doesn't mean you have to work a back-busting trade with a bunch of other offenders. This is triple true for those with a few misdemeanors.

yeah misdemeanors aint shyt..i had like 5 or 6 class b from evading arrest...had an agg rob charge 1st degree..fail to id myself...but none of it stopped me...all it did was fukk off my scholarship...n scare classmates at the univ of oregon..my 2nd yr there..when it all finally caught up with me..when the state of texas got me..

jus learned from my ogs when i was tike..keep u a lawyer paid up..

my original lawyer..got caught up in some drama in dallas..fired his ass..my t-jones had a aka homegirl...who is married a retired nfl player turned lawyer..

soon as they came from vacation...he already was on the job...got my 15yrs dropped down to 4...with me not gettin in any more major shyt..or id get the remainder of the sentence plus the new charge..

enrolled into blinn..played juco..pops told me soon as i finish..i should get in the oil business..told me the pros n cons...he been at it for 40yrs

holla'd at my lawyer..bout gettin bullshyt charges dropped. that i had still pending....n gettin everything else sealed..

applied for a roghneck job at eog...while still there..i applied for at a offshore plant for billitron...got the call been doin it ever since...

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
damn son. It should be ways to have certain records erase, like 2 years of community services or something for those that really wanna do good and change.

keep ya head up breh

illadope

きんが
Daps
This is what people think when they see the words brandishing a firearm. :bustback:
When it means you displayed a firearm, not shoot it.

Try to get in with the French Foreign Legion. I think they'lll hire you, but you have to give up your US citizenship forever. :ohhh:

You might as well tell him to kill himself

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm from Virginia and thanks to everyone for their advice.
My day will come. Just gotta have patience and faith. I hope soon tho... A nikka really wants to work