My criminal record is hindering me from getting a job

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
young bwoi...I need details...So, OP, like I said what really happened...because I got advice to give that could help OP get a job/career...I need to know what happened...wast OP really threatened? Was it one of those bar/club over girl/scuff on shoe type situations? Was there a plea deal? Was the charges dropped? etc...

young bwoi? nikka fukk you. The fuk you need details for? You going to acquit him of the crimes? You got all the information you need you nosey fakkit.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
I know what you saying....but I also know what other dude saying. Every situation is different. At the end of the day in 2012 if you catchin charges like that its because you put yourself in that situation. You may not have caused it...but you associate with folks like that and your judgement is shyt. It is what it is...I feel bad for dude, because he seem like a decent guy. But he also could be a scumbag and POS...and now wants a 9-5. Now I work hard all day...honestly I wouldnt want to work with folks that catch weapon/assault charges. For one it speaks on the type of job Im at...two....what if he brings weapons to work??

You're a fakkit

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
I would take the advice of others an perhaps go to a trade school. Most places will avoid hiring you with a serious charge. Good luck with your search. Something will come through for you.

Nasty_Nate

Each one, teach one...
Daps
Reppin
They misdemeanors but they violent...thats the problem. Those charges speak to the kind of person you are. Weapons and assault..no one wants to be around people like that. I got waaaayy more charges than you ...even a felony, but mine are driving related.

You need to leave the gun shyt alone. Start looking at your friends and determine which ones are good for your life. Nothing personal, but you cant even get BS job.

You need to focus on school and learn a trade. Get a lawyer and see what your options are about sealing and expungment. Also look into the military.

shyt is not happening, especially not in these days and times.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
lol....fukk that...learn JAVA

btw...you a programmer?...how you get into RoR?
I am not a programmer. But I will say that software developers are in HUGE demand with RoR professionals being the rarest. A few M's won't stop you from finding SOMEBODY that needs your skills. Hell, I know a few dudes with some F's under their belts making good money as contract workers. Learn some highly demanded languages and get to steppin.

Soon, you'll have a proven track record for success and your record won't really matter so much after that.

No reason why a record should keep you from the American dream.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
system is messed up tho man
It is… it's very apparent to you in your current station. Now that you know what the situation is its time to start putting that knowledge to good use. You're not locked up so you're still in the game. You still have a shot at a decent life.

If you want to win, you'll have to be WAY smarter than you have been up until now and you have to sacrifice. You need to change up your whole swag, man. I'm talking fundamental aspects of how you interract with the world.

I'm feeling like dropping some serious knowledge in this thread but I have a meeting with a client to prep for. I'll get at you later, mayne. In the meanwhile, keep ya head up… and don't do anything stupid.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
It is… it's very apparent to you in your current station. Now that you know what the situation is its time to start putting that knowledge to good use. You're not locked up so you're still in the game. You still have a shot at a decent life.

If you want to win, you'll have to be WAY smarter than you have been up until now and you have to sacrifice. You need to change up your whole swag, man. I'm talking fundamental aspects of how you interract with the world.

I'm feeling like dropping some serious knowledge in this thread but I have a meeting with a client to prep for. I'll get at you later, mayne. In the meanwhile, keep ya head up… and don't do anything stupid.

trust man im out the whole street life now my G.....Got caught up in some shyt last year and charges got drop this year...Thank god man I got a new job lined up soon