My criminal record is hindering me from getting a job

jab343irk

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do you need a gun in the first place?

A black man branding a gun in the name of self defense? No WHITE DA will let you off the hook with that without witnesses....

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
damn my G I was in a bs ass situation last year but thank god my charges got drop...keep your head my G

Robert California

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TB
Long story short...I caught two charges that are haunting me seriously smfh...

2 years ago I got into some shyt and a nikka felt dat burn.

My charges are brandishing a firearm (misdemeanor) and assault and battery (misdemeanor). It's like no one will fukking hire me with this record. I've had 3 job opportunities to make 10+ an hour... I do exceedingly will durning the interview... I past my drug test... But when it comes to the backgroundcheck....it gets me everytime. I'm like damn,can a nikka live.. All I wanna do is work and stay trouble free. shyt depresses me brehs. I work now... But I had this job before I got locked.. Now I feel ima be stuck at this dead end job forever. I'm 23 no kids..

You still on probation?:manny:

Could be why they aren't hiring you just yet.
Either way, your best bet might have to be to get that record sealed.

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Get a new identity...

So many illegal immigrants get fake social security numbers, figure that out so you can pass a background check. Then lie like hell on your resume, get a job and move on with your life

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
young bwoi...I need details...So, OP, like I said what really happened...because I got advice to give that could help OP get a job/career...I need to know what happened...wast OP really threatened? Was it one of those bar/club over girl/scuff on shoe type situations? Was there a plea deal? Was the charges dropped? etc...

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
If he's at work he won't be trying to rob you on your lunch break.

I know what you saying....but I also know what other dude saying. Every situation is different. At the end of the day in 2012 if you catchin charges like that its because you put yourself in that situation. You may not have caused it...but you associate with folks like that and your judgement is shyt. It is what it is...I feel bad for dude, because he seem like a decent guy. But he also could be a scumbag and POS...and now wants a 9-5. Now I work hard all day...honestly I wouldnt want to work with folks that catch weapon/assault charges. For one it speaks on the type of job Im at...two....what if he brings weapons to work??