MVP has some thoughts on Triple H’s booking and the Hurt Business

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
A scripted TV show that’s literally live nearly every week, so it’s definitely more open to scrutiny compared to other forms of entertainment.

It’s not even really fair to compare the two.
We also know for a fact from Bruce Prichard’s mouth that HHH did his own promos.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
A scripted TV show that’s literally live nearly every week, so it’s definitely more open to scrutiny compared to other forms of entertainment.

It’s not even really fair to compare the two.

I’m not sure if we’re even agreeing or disagreeing

I think the bottom half of that statement is the important part though..

And I do think wrestling blurring lines between reality and fantasy does make these conversations a bit weird. We watched JBL play a Mexican hating red neck on tv, while in reality it was an actual Latino male (Eddie Guerrero) who even came up with it. Using “well he called Booker T ghetto while playing a villain on the show!” conflates the conversation. The focus should be solely on the fact that the actual person (not the tv character) is in charge now and doing piss poor job handling black talent. Don’t lose sight of that with tv characters doing what they’re scripted to do lol

We also know for a fact from Bruce Prichard’s mouth that HHH did his own promos.

Keywords being HHH and Promos

We’re on the same page but I think ya’ll conflating reality with television lol

Last edited:

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
It really is crazy watching NXT cause Trick, Je’Von Evans, Oba Femi, Wes Lee, Kehlani Jordan, Jaida Parker, and Lash & Jakara are all heavily featured on the show but yet Cendric Alexander and Ashante Thee Adonis haven’t been on TV as a tag team yet after having a vignette some 3 months ago.
Ced better be looking at his contract right now and see how much time he has left and start hitting up AEW and TNA. At least those two companies can give him something to do. Ashantee better hit up AJ and see if they're hiring.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
hhhkkk27.gif
Haitch really counted 1 second for every WM up to that point before covering Booker for the pin :francis:

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
he just had his massively over powerhouse tag team drop the belts to a CDQ tag team
They really thought that video package (RIP… :whoa:) was gonna give them empathy or a hometown hero’s welcome but the Scottish crowd said

gdatruth

Superstar
Daps
shyt...the more things change the more they stay the same
come to think of it I cant think of any black male thats an upper mid-carder (not main event). closest is kofi of new day and the pride & they been in feuds with KkK that hasnt amounted to much yet

did a black male wrestle in scotland
what are the chances that one will in MITB

br82186

Superstar
Daps
I knew this thread was gonna spiral

:pachaha:

I don’t think it’s fair to call triple h racist for literal in character actions on a tv show. That’s like calling Leonardo DiCaprio racist for playing Calvin Candy lol.. don’t lose sight of this shyt being a scripted television show my nikkas

But I do think it’s more than fair to question the lack of direction for the black talent on his main roster. I think Triple H is doing us a big disservice right now and it’s super obvious. They need to right these wrongs. I’m a WWE fan and like what they’re doing, but we all doing ourselves and our peoples a disservice if we don’t hold homie over the fire for this shyt. They could absolutely be doing way more and they’re too comfortable in not doing enough right now
I got you, but if AEW got stomped out for their use of black talent then, then the same has to go to Triple H and how he does it.

You have no business having Lashley where he's at when he fits like a glove in the main title pictures on both shows, same with Montez for the mid card titles. Like I said before Melo still too early in his career.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Ced better be looking at his contract right now and see how much time he has left and start hitting up AEW and TNA. At least those two companies can give him something to do. Ashantee better hit up AJ and see if they're hiring.
Ced ain't rolling to AEW because of how them and his wife fell out because of the booking of black talent.

gdatruth

Superstar
Daps
the last time a male singles wrestler appeared on a PLE singles match was Bobby Lashley in elimination chamber in February (and honestly that doesnt really count)

the last real singles match on a PLE was Richochet vs Logan Paul August 5, 2023 at Summer Slam...almost a year ago...DAMN
when the last time Truth been on Raw
what happened to Ced & Adonis tag team
just realized there are no black ppl in non-black factions...non in Judgement Day, none in the bloodline obviously, none in the Wyatt Sicks, etc.

DAMN. I hate to see Ric go but i dont blame. Best case scenerio he could've been the legit Rey Mysterio successor with a quick championship run. But it was more than likely that he would've been what he always was. A highlight reel and midcard stepping stone (sounds alot like Kofi and best case scenario for Montez)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
the last time a male singles wrestler appeared on a PLE singles match was Bobby Lashley in elimination chamber in February (and honestly that doesnt really count)

the last real singles match on a PLE was Richochet vs Logan Paul August 5, 2023 at Summer Slam...almost a year ago...DAMN
when the last time Truth been on Raw
what happened to Ced & Adonis tag team
just realized there are no black ppl in non-black factions...non in Judgement Day, none in the bloodline obviously, none in the Wyatt Sicks, etc.

DAMN. I hate to see Ric go but i dont blame. Best case scenerio he could've been the legit Rey Mysterio successor with a quick championship run. But it was more than likely that he would've been what he always was. A highlight reel and midcard stepping stone (sounds alot like Kofi and best case scenario for Montez)

Are these stats accurate? That's crazy...

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Hey, guys, it’s wrong to bring up AEW to counter arguments. Stop it, you know you can’t do that. Just go back to complaining about Swerve’s “shyt booking” and ignoring what Triple H does. :skip: