Murders rates in the early 90s seemed unreal looking back at it

Urchin

Banned
Daps
bringing in drugs AND GUNS.

watch the movie "Strapped" on youtube that Bill Duke directed back in '93; one of the best movies ever made about how the urban areas operate with white cops and businessmen bringing the guns and drugs into the neighborhoods

Man, yall always with the excuses. If you're not blaming single mother BW for the state of the Black community you're blaming outside forces.

Okay, so whites brought the guns and drugs into Black communities, so who picked up those drugs and guns and used it and sold it against their own people? Or did single Black mothers or cacs force you to do that as well? How about taking responsibility for your own actions and manning up and admitting that BM ruined their communities?

Urchin

Banned
Daps
Good thing that since we made it out the crack era, we can see black women openly being nerdy and not obsessed with thugs anymore. :blessed: . Back then, you had to be on point with your mouthpiece and street record to even holla at some of them.

Black girls were always nerdy, you act like that's some new concept or something. They most likely weren't living in drug infested neighborhoods but they were in the burbs for sure. Don't got patting yourself on the back and act as if you had a hand in it. BM created the thug culture that ruined their neighborhoods and murdered hundreds of thousands of their own over it.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Black girls were always nerdy, you act like that's some new concept or something. They most likely weren't living in drug infested neighborhoods but they were in the burbs for sure. Don't got patting yourself on the back and act as if you had a hand in it. BM created the thug culture that ruined their neighborhoods and murdered hundreds of thousands of their own over it.
Do you see how they give a pass to black men who grew up in that environment, but black women don't get the same consideration.

Urchin

Banned
Daps
Do you see how they give a pass to black men who grew up in that environment, but black women don't get the same consideration.

Yeah, I see their hypocrisy. They created the thug culture that they are now complaining about and then turn around and blame it on BW. I also hear that the drugs and guns were put in the Black community but I never hear them hold BM accountable for selling the drugs to their own people or using the guns against their own people.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
As someone who lived through it that was a disgusting time in our nations history. A period where after slavery, Jim Crow, black wall street, economic racism, redlining, cointelpro and the assassination of our black leaders, the U.S. Government formed a partnership with fukking drug lords to flood our inner cities with cocaine. Where it was normal to watch after school specials on kidnappings, child rape and rampant drug use. Where NYC average 2200 murders in a year. 6 murders a day!!! That means if one day 6 people didn't die 12 was getting shot dead the next day. Where fukking crack dealers controlled entire buildings. Where it was normal to hear about nikkas getting shot dead for their sneakers or coats. Literally shooting nikkas in their head and taking their sneakers off before their heart stopped beating.

What kind of fukking sick shyt is that??? And it was real. It was real. How can any of you fukkers read that and shyt on black folks who take pride in themselves. Who take pride in being more and accomplishing more.. nikkas I grew up with in coffins over this shyt and I'm supposed to glorify it. All because some Jew label owner says it's cool. fukk them and fukk you for being brainwashed by it.

*ends rant*
:mjcry: The building across from mine where I lived at in the Bronx was a whole abandoned crack building in the 80s. shyt was disgusting. Couldn't even walk down 170 with nice shyt on... I was a child in those times but I vividly remember how that shyt looked.

Urchin

Banned
Daps
:mjcry: The building across from mine where I lived at in the Bronx was a whole abandoned crack building in the 80s. shyt was disgusting. Couldn't even walk down 170 with nice shyt on... I was a child in those times but I vividly remember how that shyt looked.

How does the building look now?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Man, yall always with the excuses. If you're not blaming single mother BW for the state of the Black community you're blaming outside forces.

Okay, so whites brought the guns and drugs into Black communities, so who picked up those drugs and guns and used it and sold it against their own people? Or did single Black mothers or cacs force you to do that as well? How about taking responsibility for your own actions and manning up and admitting that BM ruined their communities?
:popcorn:

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
How the fukk does a small city with a population of 20,000 people have 42 murders in one year :mindblown:

East Palo Alto, CA had the highest murder rate per capita in 1992 :snoop:

:to:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
:bryan:Anyone blaming Reagan or Bush for the drugs and increase in crime.

The 80s were simply an off shoot of the cocaine/heroin/free love "do it if it feels good" generation of the 60s and 70s. The loose ended "fuk everybody, imma do me" society started during the Kennedy years.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Yeah, when I was in High school in the late 90s, fights broke out every day, cats used to slang rocks, and cops stay arresting people. That shyt was crazy how I never became an innocent bystander to ignorant ass crime. Everyone wanted to be "hard" for the hell of it.
Here in philly, the guys who imprisoned everyone in the 90s are running as progressive in the mayors race. The scumbag that signed off on charter schools is running too. Politics is a fukking joke.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
How the fukk does a small city with a population of 20,000 people have 42 murders in one year :mindblown:

East Palo Alto, CA had the highest murder rate per capita in 1992 :snoop:

:to:
Fast forward 20 years. My, look how the neighborhood as changed.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps

I doubt the men who picked up those drugs and guns are here in this thread.

Can't blame the good men for what the bad men do.

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
crack, immigrants, poverty, less technology to get caught... shyt castro flooded in criminals and drugs and miami alone was having 650 murders a year.. not the state of florida... JUST miami

you could for damn sure get away with murder a lot easier back then.. less cops, less cops with better weapons, less prison and long sentences... once these numbers started coming out, police stepped their game all the way up

This is precisely what led to the implementation of the "Broken Windows" theory here in NYC--flood the streets with more "police presence" in the worst hoods, attack minor "quality of life" offenses with an iron fist, "statistisize" crime with CompStat and toss in draconian Rockefeller drug laws to keep the dealers locked up for good. It's a very aggressive style of police tactics that some people believe has outlived it's usefulness. Guiliani and NYPD Comissioners Bratton and Kelly were people who drove down the crime beginning in the 90s.