Murders rates in the early 90s seemed unreal looking back at it

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
it was the crack era.....i remember how rough the 90s was.....the kids now are different from when was coming up...and thats a good thing...u really had to fight a nikka just about every block u went into

That super thug shyt was insane back in the day. Cats used to get merged for just looking at people the wrong way. Random murders and robberies happened because nikkas wanted their stripes.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That super thug shyt was insane back in the day. Cats used to get merged for just looking at people the wrong way. Random murders and robberies happened because nikkas wanted their stripes.
Yup looking back on it it was unreal...u couldn't go nowhere alone ...we always had to roll in packs...I remember nikkas used to sling dope in the open...50 nikkas would be the corner...its over now, I'll give 90s babies credit, they treat each other better

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Yup looking back on it it was unreal...u couldn't go nowhere alone ...we always had to roll in packs...I remember nikkas used to sling dope in the open...50 nikkas would be the corner...its over now, I'll give 90s babies credit, they treat each other better

Yeah, when I was in High school in the late 90s, fights broke out every day, cats used to slang rocks, and cops stay arresting people. That shyt was crazy how I never became an innocent bystander to ignorant ass crime. Everyone wanted to be "hard" for the hell of it.

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, when I was in High school in the late 90s, fights broke out every day, cats used to slang rocks, and cops stay arresting people. That shyt was crazy how I never became an innocent bystander to ignorant ass crime. Everyone wanted to be "hard" for the hell of it.
lol yup, kids was selling weed to teachers back with we were in grade school :scust: btw shame on mr jimmy that nikka is a scumbag, how do u buy weed from a damn 12 year old student

fights were daily like u said...and 90% of the males in my homeroom were either suspended or in detention everyday, i guess i was a square...i only got detention once....i thank my parents for being strict because all those dudes are either in jail, dead or strung out now

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Growing up in harlem in the early/mid 90s was fukking tragic :wow:. I remember shoot outs in broad day me and my moms running and ducking for cover. Having to walk over human brains going to school in the morning :mjcry: having a crackhead break in your apartment from the wall of a vacant apartment next door. And this all was on one block. Some people brag about stupid shyt like that but im thankful me and my fam made it out alive. It hurts to even think about it

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
lol yup, kids was selling weed to teachers back with we were in grade school :scust: btw shame on mr jimmy that nikka is a scumbag, how do u buy weed from a damn 12 year old student

fights were daily like u said...and 90% of the males in my homeroom were either suspended or in detention everyday, i guess i was a square...i only got detention once....i thank my parents for being strict because all those dudes are either in jail, dead or strung out now

The funniest thing was, as much havoc it was back then, brehs made more outta less. I knew plenty of dudes that rapped, played ball, slang rocks, mack game on 10, busted their guns, and all that shyt without being dirty. Today, the super thugged out dudes are just :smh: like a Chief Keef.

Good thing that since we made it out the crack era, we can see black women openly being nerdy and not obsessed with thugs anymore. :blessed: . Back then, you had to be on point with your mouthpiece and street record to even holla at some of them.

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
Growing up in harlem in the early/mid 90s was fukking tragic :wow:. I remember shoot outs in broad day me and my moms running and ducking for cover. Having to walk over human brains going to school in the morning :mjcry: having a crackhead break in your apartment from the wall of a vacant apartment next door. And this all was on one block. Some people brag about stupid shyt like that but im thankful me and my fam made it out alive. It hurts to even think about it

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The funniest thing was, as much havoc it was back then, brehs made more outta less. I knew plenty of dudes that rapped, played ball, slang rocks, mack game on 10, busted their guns, and all that shyt without being dirty. Today, the super thugged out dudes are just :smh: like a Chief Keef.

Good thing that since we made it out the crack era, we can see black women openly being nerdy and not obsessed with thugs anymore. :blessed: . Back then, you had to be on point with your mouthpiece and street record to even holla at some of them.
yup lol

Wild self

Supporter
Daps

Sad to say, a lot of the oldheads that brag about being grimey in the 90s, are the same ones that are :pacspit: when a young black male is more like J. Cole over a Maino type of black man.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i grew up on the east side in the early 90s when entering central park from the 5th ave side after dark was a 50/50 chance of catching a razor to the face.