Murders rates in the early 90s seemed unreal looking back at it

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
If this thread were made in 2017 people would've mentioned biden or the 94 crime bill at least 20 times by page 5
:jbhmm:

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
Lol @ nikkas acting like the 90s were so crazy. 80s were crazy. 90s is when shyt started dying down. Wasn't even that serious.

Violent crime rate was higher cuz there was less technology. But it was hardly goon city where you had to mean mug to leave the house... da fukk.
With the exception of New Orleans and a couple other cities, most cities peaked around 1990-1991. DC, Dallas, and several other cities saw their highest total in these two years. So it built up in the 80s, peaked around 89-91, and declined as the 90s went along. Again, NO in 94 was crazy.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Like theres hoods today and cities today that a nikka would go to and be like :whoa: or u hear about a hood that always got a nikka getting shot or killed, but when u compare the stats the shyt still nowhere close. I know nikkas gone say not all crime goes reported but das true for any era, im sure stats were messed with in the 80s n 90s n they was STILL high as hell.

http://www.ucrdatatool.gov/Search/Crime/Local/JurisbyJurisLarge.cfm

just use that website, shyt is crazy. New york had 2,200 murders, literally 6 homicides a day, places like LA and Chicago had 1000. 3-4 murders a DAY, over the duration of years, and the majority of these happenned in the hood.(Like 70% of those 1000 in LA happened in south central)

And it wasnt just big cities, cities that nikkas dont even know or talk about too. Fuccin Richmond Virginia was getting damn near 200 murders a year, das more than New Orleans gets nowdays and NO considered one of the most dangerous cities in the country :wtf:

Like it seem like nikkas jus step outside and there was a body on the street.

Then you read about certain neighborhoods like East NY, BK getting 137 murders in one year, and thats literally just one neighborhood. Or Englewood in chicago getting 88 murders in 4 months or hoods in LA where like 8 people get killed in one gang related shooting :mindblown:

That shyt just dont seem real to me

Till this day I have trouble still believing this. Only thing I will say is that east New York is a huge neighborhood.

But my dad told me all about how bad it was a killing field

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Man, yall always with the excuses. If you're not blaming single mother BW for the state of the Black community you're blaming outside forces.

Okay, so whites brought the guns and drugs into Black communities, so who picked up those drugs and guns and used it and sold it against their own people? Or did single Black mothers or cacs force you to do that as well? How about taking responsibility for your own actions and manning up and admitting that BM ruined their communities?
This account had to be a white troll.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
Prison industrial complex changed all that...
Nah. The profitability of the crack epidemic changed that. You could get rich off the block back then. Now you can just get by unless you gotta super plug.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
When I look at my parents wedding pictures in the 80s the block our church was on looked so peaceful nice despite the reality of it being a war zone.

Albany and Midwood street not far from wingate park. @BigMoneyGrip if I was clueless about the crack epidemic I would have thought the area was pretty nice lol

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
As someone who lived through it that was a disgusting time in our nations history. A period where after slavery, Jim Crow, black wall street, economic racism, redlining, cointelpro and the assassination of our black leaders, the U.S. Government formed a partnership with fukking drug lords to flood our inner cities with cocaine. Where it was normal to watch after school specials on kidnappings, child rape and rampant drug use. Where NYC average 2200 murders in a year. 6 murders a day!!! That means if one day 6 people didn't die 12 was getting shot dead the next day. Where fukking crack dealers controlled entire buildings. Where it was normal to hear about nikkas getting shot dead for their sneakers or coats. Literally shooting nikkas in their head and taking their sneakers off before their heart stopped beating.

What kind of fukking sick shyt is that??? And it was real. It was real. How can any of you fukkers read that and shyt on black folks who take pride in themselves. Who take pride in being more and accomplishing more.. nikkas I grew up with in coffins over this shyt and I'm supposed to glorify it. All because some Jew label owner says it's cool. fukk them and fukk you for being brainwashed by it.

*ends rant*

Where were the landlords when crack dealers took over the building? Were they clueless? Super paid or threatened to shut up ?

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Man, yall always with the excuses. If you're not blaming single mother BW for the state of the Black community you're blaming outside forces.

Okay, so whites brought the guns and drugs into Black communities, so who picked up those drugs and guns and used it and sold it against their own people? Or did single Black mothers or cacs force you to do that as well? How about taking responsibility for your own actions and manning up and admitting that BM ruined their communities?

Show me an area where and when a black neighborhood was flourishing with well-paying jobs and resources and they all decided to do and sell drugs instead. :unimpressed:

_genocidecutter_

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea I remember how bad it was in the 90s I was too young to understand how violent it was in New Orleans but i remember neighbors and people I knew getting killed. I remember one time not too far from where I stayed a dude got burned alive in broad daylight.
Savage

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
When I look at my parents wedding pictures in the 80s the block our church was on looked so peaceful nice despite the reality of it being a war zone.

Albany and Midwood street not far from wingate park. @BigMoneyGrip if I was clueless about the crack epidemic I would have thought the area was pretty nice lol
80s and 90s wasn’t sweet at all.. Your block was a bubble shyt would look nice and peaceful while the blocks around you are burnt out buildings and empty lots... NYC came a lot way :wow: