Murders rates in the early 90s seemed unreal looking back at it

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
This is precisely what led to the implementation of the "Broken Windows" theory here in NYC--flood the streets with more "police presence" in the worst hoods, attack minor "quality of life" offenses with an iron fist, "statistisize" crime with CompStat and toss in draconian Rockefeller drug laws to keep the dealers locked up for good. It's a very aggressive style of police tactics that some people believe has outlived it's usefulness. Guiliani and NYPD Comissioners Bratton and Kelly were people who drove down the crime beginning in the 90s.
i agree fully.. we've adapted since then.. we've seen what those drugs do and it's not as strong as it once was. if we've take this extra money and spend it on treatment, like other countries, we'd be much better off..

we are so rich as a country.. spend so much on defense and police and stopping anything bad from happening.. that we don't bother helping the people. if the people were doing alright, there'd be less crime and drugs.. both come out of a sense of hopelessness

jmspro

Banned
Daps
This thread made me remember how mad and pissed off we always were. It felt like everyone was mean muggin' always. But, its kinda like u had to be that way. Like someone in this thread said earlier, you could get fukked up or worse just for looking at somebody or accidently bumping into them. Looking back, You never felt completely comfortable or relaxed if you was outside. You had to be ready for some shyt to pop off all the time. But we was used to it. No way my mind could handle that shyt now.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Man, yall always with the excuses. If you're not blaming single mother BW for the state of the Black community you're blaming outside forces.

Okay, so whites brought the guns and drugs into Black communities, so who picked up those drugs and guns and used it and sold it against their own people? Or did single Black mothers or cacs force you to do that as well? How about taking responsibility for your own actions and manning up and admitting that BM ruined their communities?

Oh, GTFOH

When Italians, Jews, and the Irish lived in those conditions, they killed each other by the thousands.

What did you think that Al Capone, Meyer Lansky, and all them were killing each other about.

Prohibition + Capitalism = Crime

If you dangle millions of dollars in front of people who are starving and have never had anything, it causes murder.

It did in the 1920s and it does today.

The difference is, the government ENDED alcohol prohibition, so they could end White on White crime, but has ramped up the "War on Drugs", specifically BECAUSE it causes Black on Black crime in Amerikkka and Mexican on Mexican crime in Mexico and in border towns.

Mexico blames Amerikkka for the crazy murder rates they have, because our "War on Drugs" empowers drug cartels, which OUR government funded.

Yeah, I see their hypocrisy. They created the thug culture that they are now complaining about and then turn around and blame it on BW. I also hear that the drugs and guns were put in the Black community but I never hear them hold BM accountable for selling the drugs to their own people or using the guns against their own people.

Oh it's yo ass again.

In ALL races, young men do what will get them p*ssy.

If being good in school got you p*ssy, dudes would do better in school.

Simple as that. This aint no Black thing or no White thing, this is a real thing.

That's why White dudes be wearing baggy jeans to their asses trying to impress White bytches. Same shyt.

:bryan:Anyone blaming Reagan or Bush for the drugs and increase in crime.

The 80s were simply an off shoot of the cocaine/heroin/free love "do it if it feels good" generation of the 60s and 70s. The loose ended "fuk everybody, imma do me" society started during the Kennedy years.

Stop it, the Kennedy Administration didn't fund Nicaraguan drug cartels to flood inner cities with dope.

The "War on Drugs" started by Nixon and ramped up by Reagan are what caused homicide rates to sky-rocket in the '70s and '80s.

Crack was SOLELY the product of the Amerikkkan government agent Oscar Danillo Blandon and his Nicaraguan folks teaching "Freeway" Ricky Ross how to make crack and how to sell it

This is precisely what led to the implementation of the "Broken Windows" theory here in NYC--flood the streets with more "police presence" in the worst hoods, attack minor "quality of life" offenses with an iron fist, "statistisize" crime with CompStat and toss in draconian Rockefeller drug laws to keep the dealers locked up for good. It's a very aggressive style of police tactics that some people believe has outlived it's usefulness. Guiliani and NYPD Comissioners Bratton and Kelly were people who drove down the crime beginning in the 90s.

Bullshyt.

Crime started going down almost 2 years BEFORE Giuliani got into office in New York City. The last years under Dinkins saw a crime drop

AND

Crime went down EVERYWHERE in Amerikkka at the same time it did in New York City, even in places that didn't ramp up it's crime prevention techniques like San Francisco which had a bigger crime drop than New York City did.

ALSO

Crime went down in other Western countries at the same time it did in Amerikkka, which completely deads the whole "Giuliani saved New York" bullshyt.

All Giuliani did is make it okay to harass Blacks and poor people

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Yea I remember how bad it was in the 90s I was too young to understand how violent it was in New Orleans but i remember neighbors and people I knew getting killed. I remember one time not too far from where I stayed a dude got burned alive in broad daylight.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
This thread made me remember how mad and pissed off we always were. It felt like everyone was mean muggin' always. But, its kinda like u had to be that way. Like someone in this thread said earlier, you could get fukked up or worse just for looking at somebody or accidently bumping into them. Looking back, You never felt completely comfortable or relaxed if you was outside. You had to be ready for some shyt to pop off all the time. But we was used to it. No way my mind could handle that shyt now.

That superthug shyt that everyone was doing fukked up a lot of lives. Even my old childhood pics, I had myself mean mugging and struggling to smile. The 90s made animals out of black folks.

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
Lol @ nikkas acting like the 90s were so crazy. 80s were crazy. 90s is when shyt started dying down. Wasn't even that serious.

Violent crime rate was higher cuz there was less technology. But it was hardly goon city where you had to mean mug to leave the house... da fukk.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Craziest thing I’ve read about murder rates took place in the early 90s:

Medellin was once in a league of its own, racking up 6,349 killings in 1991, or 380 murders per 100,000 people, when the drug kingpin Pablo Escobar had put a bounty on the heads of police officers and vowed to bring the city to its knees. The homicide rate has since fallen by 80 percent,

That wasn’t the murder rate of particular dangerous neighborhoods, it was the rate of the whole city!

- The Washington Post

Bnhvak3CYAAscHA.jpg

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
One of the best pastors in my area did a bid for murder.
When my friend got shot and killed he did the service and it was lit in the church that day for real.
full

People smoking weed and drinking hennessy inside the church, everyone had air-brushed T-Shirts on.

Looking at my nikka buried in timbs with a coogi hat on in his casket i will never forget that day.:mjcry:
:huhldup:

Daps
:mjcry::wow: Never will forget how an older head described this era to me

“It felt like a genocide and the government (city, state and federal were doing anything to exterminate black people”

BTW-Those numbers were even worse because cops undereported murders in most of those major cities in that era