Murders rates in the early 90s seemed unreal looking back at it

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
i have no doubt its the reason for the decline in black american art nowadays

breh the ones truly progressing black art in those times werent the ones dying or going to jail. :heh:

and i think we're having a renaissance in black art, the only that declined for alittle was Rap, but even then the past 6 years raps made a HUGE jump up in quality if you ignore alot of mainstream shyt

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
The other day I was watching The Central Park Five documentary.

The first 5 or 10 minutes shows footage of NYC in the 1980s.
It's completely unrecognizable from what it looks like today. And the crime rate in NYC back in 1989 was crazy.
:feedme:Link it breh

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
crack, immigrants, poverty, less technology to get caught... shyt castro flooded in criminals and drugs and miami alone was having 650 murders a year.. not the state of florida... JUST miami

you could for damn sure get away with murder a lot easier back then.. less cops, less cops with better weapons, less prison and long sentences... once these numbers started coming out, police stepped their game all the way up

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Like theres hoods today and cities today that a nikka would go to and be like :whoa: or u hear about a hood that always got a nikka getting shot or killed, but when u compare the stats the shyt still nowhere close. I know nikkas gone say not all crime goes reported but das true for any era, im sure stats were messed with in the 80s n 90s n they was STILL high as hell.

http://www.ucrdatatool.gov/Search/Crime/Local/JurisbyJurisLarge.cfm

just use that website, shyt is crazy. New york had 2,200 murders, literally 6 homicides a day, places like LA and Chicago had 1000. 3-4 murders a DAY, over the duration of years, and the majority of these happenned in the hood.(Like 70% of those 1000 in LA happened in south central)

And it wasnt just big cities, cities that nikkas dont even know or talk about too. Fuccin Richmond Virginia was getting damn near 200 murders a year, das more than New Orleans gets nowdays and NO considered one of the most dangerous cities in the country :wtf:

Like it seem like nikkas jus step outside and there was a body on the street.

Then you read about certain neighborhoods like East NY, BK getting 137 murders in one year, and thats literally just one neighborhood. Or Englewood in chicago getting 88 murders in 4 months or hoods in LA where like 8 people get killed in one gang related shooting :mindblown:

That shyt just dont seem real to me

This shyt getting old bro

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Like theres hoods today and cities today that a nikka would go to and be like :whoa: or u hear about a hood that always got a nikka getting shot or killed, but when u compare the stats the shyt still nowhere close. I know nikkas gone say not all crime goes reported but das true for any era, im sure stats were messed with in the 80s n 90s n they was STILL high as hell.

http://www.ucrdatatool.gov/Search/Crime/Local/JurisbyJurisLarge.cfm

just use that website, shyt is crazy. New york had 2,200 murders, literally 6 homicides a day, places like LA and Chicago had 1000. 3-4 murders a DAY, over the duration of years, and the majority of these happenned in the hood.(Like 70% of those 1000 in LA happened in south central)

And it wasnt just big cities, cities that nikkas dont even know or talk about too. Fuccin Richmond Virginia was getting damn near 200 murders a year, das more than New Orleans gets nowdays and NO considered one of the most dangerous cities in the country :wtf:

Like it seem like nikkas jus step outside and there was a body on the street.

Then you read about certain neighborhoods like East NY, BK getting 137 murders in one year, and thats literally just one neighborhood. Or Englewood in chicago getting 88 murders in 4 months or hoods in LA where like 8 people get killed in one gang related shooting :mindblown:

That shyt just dont seem real to me

That is because Esau had the cocaine and heroin coming into the hood daily like Walmart delivery trucks. Just look at how easy Freeway Rick Ross was getting it back then, he was not the only one. Esau sets it all up that way. Back in the 80s and 90s, Esau was putting gunstores in the hood, this is back before gun control...so any grimey nikka could go to Walmart, Kmart or a gunstore in south central and get pistols, shotguns, rifles and ammo like you would buy a gallon of milk. Then Esau also started supplying AKs, machine guns and Uzzi's (made by those fake Jews) to take it to another level. A lot of y'all young bucks have no idea how it was set up back in the day. That was all set up for Reagan to help push the prison industrial complex with the whole "War of Drugs" a problem that they purposely created.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Yup, but it's all relative.

While America is generally a safe country, it is a lot more dangerous than pretty much any country in Western Europe and Australia.

In fact certain pockets of the US are as bad as some 'third world' countries.
Crime has spread to other nations. it's the ebb and flow of death.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Crime has spread to other nations.

Spread? Crime is endemic..

Most crimes are crimes of opportunity. Crime will always rise when there is an economic downturn, lack of jobs, economic recession etc.

When you have a stable 9-5 you are too busy working to be thinking about going into a neighborhood and hijacking someone's car.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Spread? Crime is endemic..

Most crimes are crimes of opportunity. Crime will always rise when there is an economic downturn, lack of jobs, economic recession etc.

When you have a stable 9-5 you are too busy working to be thinking about going into a neighborhood and hijacking someone's car.
If capitalism is a disease, crime is one of the symptoms.

Daps
Ummmm......you do know Daddy Bush was the Vice President both terms right.... :coffee:

But yeah, looking back at those stats, I've seen them too, were crazy compared to now.
Daddy bush was a POS too no doubt, but he called out Reagans ass before everyone else and he was a dirty mother fukker in his own right...... Long story short DONT VOTE REPUBLICAN