"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
The problem with the people who were upset about the finale is they don’t get the show is only about mental illness.

Every one of the important characters had a serious mental illness that they all overcame this final season.

All this nonsense about White Rose’s machine, The Deus Group, etc completely misses the point. The anger is because people’s bullshyt theories were wrong and they can’t accept that things don’t have to be as grandiose or some super twist that makes them feel smarter than everyone else. It’s pathetic.

Bingo

One of the reasons I stopped visiting this thread and reading theories on the show. Got sick of peoples convoluted bullshyt and whining. The show is much more enjoyable avoiding these threads. But as expected your never going to satisfy everybody and heads will complain just to complain.

Finished this season on Monday shyt was really dope. Episode 4 and 7 especially. Dom knocking out on that plane and Darlene getting it together and moving forward was a nice touch.

I always thought when Eliot was chillin with Darlene watching that movie and then started exploring that master plan with that mask on and mr robot jacket was the birth of mr robot personality but it was fourth.
:ohhh:

Series ended beautifully :mjcry:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Slight correction:
Timestamps shown onscreen showed that this is still Christmas 2015 on the show. The technology SHOULD be a little behind.

Yes, most computers came with optical drives back then. However, they're still available now, and it's not far fetched to think that Elliot would want one.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I just finished the series
While I liked it it a lot overall, I did not like the finale.
My least favorite part of the show was the dream sequences, which the last two episodes wee basically 2 hours worth of.
The show was best when the plot (not just Elliot's mind) was actually moving forward. I really liked the 7th episode, so this finale was underwhelming to me.
But I'm not bitter, I'm happy for anyone who appreciates the ending.
I would have liked it more if they at least took some time to show his life moving forward in some way, those last two episodes felt like a fever dream to me.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
:stopitslime:
The Wire was around in a time before social media fueled the ascension of cult shows

Game of Thrones was the best show in existence during its rise. It's failures at the end are irrelevant to the ratings discussion

My entire point at bringing up the dwindling Mr Robot audience was to illustrate that Sham Lessmail is weak at connecting us emotionally with his work. That is why each season saw more and more people abandon the show. Because they didn't give a fukk about what was going on, and the whole cult of "theory crafting" doesn't apoeal to them.

I love reading all the Juelzing that occured in this thread immediately following the finale, excusing Sham's inability to deliver for that portion of the fandom. Instead, he tried to deliver to the portion of the fandom that seeks an emotional attachment to the characters....but it was never a strong suit of the show.

Some people still haven't learned from the leasons that LOST and GOT taught us. Don't invest too much into what you think will happen, because you will then have expectations that likely won't be met.

The difference here though is that LOST and GOT were all time great shows during their run and only got retroactively downgraded at the end. Mr Robot was NEVER on their level no matter what the Mr Robot subreddit would lead you to believe. So all yall nerds wasted your time for nothing
:mjlol:

At no point in time was this the best show on TV. GOT, Leftovers, Better Call Saul, and this year The Watchmen were all better in their given years.

And yes, I understand that this is only my opinion and some people may disagree with my notion that Sham is bad at connecting us to the plot/characters emotionally. But in an age where FOMO and social media drive rabid fans to constantly want to be a part of the next THE WIRE, the shrinking audience of Mr Robot spoke volumes

I don't blindly worship any shows, not even the highest rated ones.

I really liked the show up until that last 2 episodes. Before that I had my criticisms, but found the quality of the show high enough to overlook them.

This finale just failed to hit me with any form of satisfaction.

I didn't have emotional attachment to Elliot because he was an a$$hole (especially after him fukking over that woman with no remorse), but I was invested with the plot of the show, as well as hoping he would get better. But the finale didn't really move anything forward and simply just revealed that he's even crazier than previously thought, with no resolution.

It's a shame because this show was able to deliver suspense and capture my attention pretty well when the writers weren't trying too hard to do whatever it was they were doing at the end.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Had other ish to catch up on + life in the way but finally get to settle in and get this 4th season craccin'. I know I'm in for a ride if they starting off doing Angela like Michael did Sollozzo and McCluskey :ohhh:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Aight. Just wrapped this shyt up. First few episodes were peak got damn television but then it waned off a bit IMO. The last 2 EPs were somewhat shaky but I see what breh was trying to do and I respect the follow thru if nothing else. Overall, solid show with 1 really questionable season. Not putting it in my personal 5 tho. Just can't go that far. Maybe could sneak in the top 10 fa'sho. It was a fun ride and above all else, I love when shows have a concrete ending and can at least somewhat stick the landing and not fly off the rails.

Sin Simma

Rich Rollin
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
Sorry y'all but the ending of this was kinda weak :yeshrug:, I feel no desire to watch again or tell someone else to watch. Good show, very overrated.

I didn’t want to admit it to myself due to the way I’ve stanned this show. Not feeling that finale or the “twist” at all to the point where I’m not rewatching this show again. Still in my personal all time favorite list but it is a one-off now.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I didn’t want to admit it to myself due to the way I’ve stanned this show. Not feeling that finale or the “twist” at all to the point where I’m not rewatching this show again. Still in my personal all time favorite list but it is a one-off now.
A lot of people in this thread didn't want to admit it, but it stretched further than just that finale.

The fact that some of those gimmick ass average episodes in S4 got hyped like the greatest thing on TV is a joke.

It was easily the worst season of the show, and Lessmail had the wool pulled over all yalls eyes with his gimmicks. With no substance underneath.