"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I said all this shyt then... and during the last season. Looking back now, nobody is talking about this on the level of BB, the wire, even GOT (with another tragic falloff)... They had the ball at the 1 and fumbled it. This last season should have been the best and it ended up being one of the worst

"Mr. Robot" was never remotely on the level of either of those shows when it comes to pop culture or popularity. So of course nobody is gonna be discussing it as much.

Fred.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
"Mr. Robot" was never remotely on the level of either of those shows when it comes to pop culture or popularity. So of course nobody is gonna be discussing it as much.

Fred.
I still know people that don’t want to get into it because of 2 things

1. the name of the show
2. it was on USA and not HBO, SHO, or even AMC or FX

no matter how great the reviews are, some people just have a hard time believing that a show on a network like USA with a name like Mr Robot can be on the level of Breaking Bad, The Wire, etc. It’s unfair but those things are a legitimate barrier to entry for some folks.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Fred.
I'm not talking pop culture and popularity... I'm talking bout the brehs right in this thread who was saying it.. The same ones, along with myself, who were in every thread, watching from day 1. Quality wise, there were much higher hopes than "not talked about but once or twice a year"

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights

1. the name of the show

no matter how great the reviews are, some people just have a hard time believing that a show on a network like USA with a name like Mr Robot can be on the level of Breaking Bad, The Wire, etc. It’s unfair but those things are a legitimate barrier to entry for some folks.

It nevered mattered to me what network a show is on, this show just had a mediocre ending (IMO) compared to Breaking Bad, The Shield, The Wire, etc.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I'm not talking pop culture and popularity... I'm talking bout the brehs right in this thread who was saying it.. The same ones, along with myself, who were in every thread, watching from day 1. Quality wise, there were much higher hopes than "not talked about but once or twice a year"

I was addicted to this show but was very disappointed that it ended with back to back Kevin Finnerty tier episodes

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I finally decided to get to season 4
And this shyt is trash as fukk :mjlol:

I'm on ep 6 right now and this shyt so dry so far this season

THEY gonna kill you.

And its gonna glorious

Not pro or against it....... but just want to be a spectator in what’s the come

:banderas:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I was hoping the sci-fi stuff with the machine was real got disappointed when it wasn't.
I was glad it was not real. That would have been some corny shyt to do in the final season.
They did the final conflicts in the wrong order. They should have gotten all the emo split personality stuff out of the way first. We meet the real Elliot and the real Elliot takes down White Rose and the Dark Army. Dom and Elliot's sister thing where they have their romance should be have been the final episode. It would have improved the final season. Most people were in this for the Dark Army vs Elliot conflict, if you save it for last people would be more receptive to Elliot finding out who he really is.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub

1. the name of the show

FX shows get no respect or love in the real world :mjcry: that’s my GOAT channel :mjcry:....that’s another thread though

mr. Robot was a breakout hit for USA in terms of prestige and I think it was strong ratings wise. USA has always had good ratings for their shows I think though

I think Mr. Robot is a bit technical for the super casual viewer, they used to “hacking” as the weirdos typing fast on the same keyboard like CSI :dead: you actually have to pay attention

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I have it relatively high on the list of shows that have actual endings, but I agree the end was wrapped up pretty nicely for a show that loved a good gut punch for the viewers.

I did a full rewatch of this and The Americans during the beginning of quarantine.

both shows that deal in heavy tension moments and espionage, and both shows that have true endings.

I'd have to take The Americans over Robot

I'd have thought Robot would hit is with some real darkness or loss. they did some REALLY bad shyt over the course of the show in what was a pretty short actual timeframe.

I don't care at all about Dom, but probably woulda been more real if Darlene got caught up with the dead body in that house.

Philthy Phil and Lay it Down Liz took 2 kid sized L's

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
It nevered mattered to me what network a show is on, this show just had a mediocre ending (IMO) compared to Breaking Bad, The Shield, The Wire, etc.
That’s dope that it didn’t matter to you, but it definitely did some people. I’m embarrassed that it mattered to me. I just didn’t believe USA Network could put out a truly elite level series, especially called Mr. Robot. I’ve gotten a few people to watch the show and without fail, I’ve had to be like, “just don’t think about the name. It’ll make sense really quick and it’s not as goofy as it sounds. Also even though it’s on USA but there’s still plenty of cursing and sex and violence.”

I thought they fumbled a bit on the ending too. And btw The Wire’d ending is slept on. I’ve heard people say it was half a cop-out ending, but thematically it made sense with the series abd I liked it a lot.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
FX shows get no respect or love in the real world :mjcry: that’s my GOAT channel :mjcry:....that’s another thread though

mr. Robot was a breakout hit for USA in terms of prestige and I think it was strong ratings wise. USA has always had good ratings for their shows I think though

I think Mr. Robot is a bit technical for the super casual viewer, they used to “hacking” as the weirdos typing fast on the same keyboard like CSI :dead: you actually have to pay attention

FX was so dope. The Shield, Rescue Me, and Nip Tuck all running at the same time was a crazy period. Justified. Atlanta. Edit: I forgot Fargo. AHS. ACS. SOA. Yeah FX is a slept on network.

Also you’ll appreciate this. :mjlol:

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
That’s dope that it didn’t matter to you, but it definitely did some people. I’m embarrassed that it mattered to me. I just didn’t believe USA Network could put out a truly elite level series, especially called Mr. Robot. I’ve gotten a few people to watch the show and without fail, I’ve had to be like, “just don’t think about the name. It’ll make sense really quick and it’s not as goofy as it sounds. Also even though it’s on USA but there’s still plenty of cursing and sex and violence.”

I thought they fumbled a bit on the ending too. And btw The Wire’d ending is slept on. I’ve heard people say it was half a cop-out ending, but thematically it made sense with the series abd I liked it a lot.

I get what you're saying. I didn't mind that it was on USA Network but I never checked that channel for scripted originals before.

Mr. Robot had strong ratings in Season 1 but plummeted after that, and can't be explained by less people having cable now than in 2015. Their show Queen of the South has maintained good ratings over the same time period. So something about Mr. Robot must have kept the audience from holding on.

FX was so dope. The Shield, Rescue Me, and Nip Tuck all running at the same time was a crazy period. Justified. Atlanta. Edit: I forgot Fargo. AHS. ACS. SOA. Yeah FX is a slept on network.

Also you’ll appreciate this. :mjlol:

FX is the shyt but keep in mind they had Sons of Anarchy which was huge. Snowfall has over a million live viewers plus whatever it gets on demand, DVR and streaming.

And yeah, I tried to get my parents into Mr. Robot but they couldn't get into it after two episodes because of the technical stuff plus they found Darlene to be super annoying.