"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Basically.

I’m fully open to confusing, overlapping, non-linear timeframes but this just didn’t hit this last season. Especially that nothing was out right answers except for him being mentally ill.

All the conspiracies about time warping, etc was all BS in the end. Just seemed like a muddled ending.

TBH I’m done with it. Love this thread but ain’t feeling the over analysis of scenes and probably won’t be going back to past episodes.
Ya feel the same way. Was excited to go back and rewatch but that finale kind of made sure i dont go back. It was fun having discussion in this thread and all the theories but in the end it failed to deliver

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I would have rather seen the fallout from the Deus group being exposed, the Dark Army, and what happened to the people after the greatest redistribution of wealth in history. Instead we get the same twist of another character not being real. "Blessmell" :mjlol: is a one trick pony.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I would have rather seen the fallout from the Deus group being exposed, the Dark Army, and what happened to the people after the greatest redistribution of wealth in history. Instead we get the same twist of another character not being real. "Blessmell" :mjlol: is a one trick pony.
The show was never about that shyt.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I’m still curious about the perfect life prison simulation:
- I’m assuming it was created when or shortly after mm elliot completely took over after Elliot first put on the f society mask with Darlene
- Was it the same day before the wedding being replayed over and over or was it a whole perfect life simulation (why was the neighborhood scooter girl older this time?)
- Did he constantly edit the simulation? (Why were characters like tyrell and dom in there when he wasn’t aware of them at the time he created it? When did he know that Price was Angela’s real dad?)
- So the first time he slipped into the simulation he also killed real Elliot and tried to show up to the wedding? (Angela in the arcade telling him he was only born a month ago, not real Elliot)

I think it's a "Groundhog Day" style loop. But your post makes me realize he must have been constantly adjusting it with new characters from the real world (Price, Dom, etc.)

The finale was well done and great to watch, but I also felt underwhelmed by the ultimate conclusion.

I didn't like how Elliot didn't actually defeat Whiterose, but she simply gave up. Now the presentation of her suicide was a mindfukk moment, but the logic of her storyline was ridiculous.

So Mastermind was the one that created fsociety? How did he forget that fact then?
Elliot, Darlene, and Price had ALREADY beat White Rose. There was no possible way out for the Dark Army after the Christmas hack.

It's not like Zhang could escape and be taken back by China.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Bu.. bu...but...ALL THE CLOCKS SAID 11:16
:damn::damn:

And they didn't speak for an entire episode
:damn::damn:

Greatest showrunner on Earth
:lawd:

:camby:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I'm glad I wasn't expecting something Earth shattering in the final eps. I've kept up because I appreciate the filmmaking and the performances, but have been checking out from really caring about anything since season 2. :yeshrug:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I think it's a "Groundhog Day" style loop. But your post makes me realize he must have been constantly adjusting it with new characters from the real world (Price, Dom, etc.)

Elliot, Darlene, and Price had ALREADY beat White Rose. There was no possible way out for the Dark Army after the Christmas hack.

It's not like Zhang could escape and be taken back by China.

I'm talking about Whiterose not executing her machine. Everything she put all of her energy & resources in for decades, only to not push the button.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The show was never about that shyt.
The problem with the people who were upset about the finale is they don’t get the show is only about mental illness.

Every one of the important characters had a serious mental illness that they all overcame this final season.

All this nonsense about White Rose’s machine, The Deus Group, etc completely misses the point. The anger is because people’s bullshyt theories were wrong and they can’t accept that things don’t have to be as grandiose or some super twist that makes them feel smarter than everyone else. It’s pathetic.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
The problem with the people who were upset about the finale is they don’t get the show is only about mental illness.

Every one of the important characters had a serious mental illness that they all overcame this final season.

All this nonsense about White Rose’s machine, The Deus Group, etc completely misses the point. The anger is because people’s bullshyt theories were wrong and they can’t accept that things don’t have to be as grandiose or some super twist that makes them feel smarter than everyone else. It’s pathetic.
There hasn’t been a show that encapsulates life in the Information Age than this show. We’re so connected yet so isolated at the same time.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
There hasn’t been a show that encapsulates life in the Information Age than this show. We’re so connected yet so isolated at the same time.
That’s a wonderful point. Mastermind Elliot was able to know about everyone’s lives yet was a recluse who hated society. All the characters were alone too in their prisons.

The people who follow this show formed a cult but can’t find satisfaction on what the show is about:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Mental health, blah blah, the solitary nature of digital culture and the information age, blah blah...

fukk that!

What were the machine specs?!

TTLGivD.gif

VY2wmdR.png

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did we really expect Esmail to give us a linear ending:lupe:

...an elaborate grandiose plot goes out on an eye-opener is underwhelming:ld:

But, that's just a testament to how GOAT Mr. Robot was:wow: