"Mr. Robot" Season 4 Official Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
The problem with the people who were upset about the finale is they don’t get the show is only about mental illness.

Every one of the important characters had a serious mental illness that they all overcame this final season.

All this nonsense about White Rose’s machine, The Deus Group, etc completely misses the point. The anger is because people’s bullshyt theories were wrong and they can’t accept that things don’t have to be as grandiose or some super twist that makes them feel smarter than everyone else. It’s pathetic.
tenor.gif

Oh, the show was about mental illness now??
:mjlol:

LMAO

Yeah, this was a real deep character piece rooted in exploration of mental illness

:mjlol:

I WISH this show had been about that, then it might have been an all-timer.

You must be referring the The Leftovers with your post, because you damn near described that show perfectly. Which is why it is possibly the best show of the decade. You certainly aren't describing Mr. Robot, a show that built its following based on massive plot twists, misdirection, stylish direction, and theory crafting

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Yeah, this was a real deep character piece rooted in exploration of mental illness
:mjtf:

The main character was a morphine addicted, loner, who was in therapy and had multiple personalities. One took over his life.

His other personality was created to help deal with trauma of molestation by his dad.

His sister has dependency issues which we saw in the penultimate episode when she had a mental breakdown at the thought of being on her own.

The woman she was flying with hadn’t slept since she was introduced.

Angela literally had a mental breakdown over the course of two seasons, and was used by everyone she loved.

Whiterose was dealing with not being born in their correct body.

And Tyrell was a follower who couldn’t think for himself.

The entire show was about mental illness with this final season showing the characters overcoming it.

If you missed that, that’s on you, but your history with Tv viewing on this forum is you missing a lot. :yeshrug:

Don’t worry tho, we will learn about Whiterose’s machine in the director’s cut. :heh:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:mjtf:

The main character was a morphine dependent, loner, who was in therapy and had multiple personalities. One took over his life.

His other personality was created to help deal with trauma of molestation by his dad.

His sister has dependency issues which we saw in the penultimate episode when she had a mental breakdown at the thought of being on her own.

The woman she was flying with hadn’t slept since she was introduced.

Angela literally had a mental breakdown over the course of two seasons, and was used by everyone she loved.

Whiterose was dealing with not being born in their correct body.

And Tyrell was a follower who couldn’t think for himself.

The entire show was about mental illness with this final season showing the characters overcoming it.

If you missed that, that’s on you, but your history with Tv viewing on this forum is you missing a lot. :yeshrug:

Don’t worry tho, we will learn about Whiterose’s machine in the director’s cut. :heh:

tenor.gif

I watched the show. I'm aware of the plot, but thanks for reminding me.

As a character study, this show is a C+ at best. Surface level, basic, cliche, stereotypical.

Keep trying to convince yourself that you were part of something special though

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
I've been here since episode 1...but that ending was wack b :yeshrug:

Shows like Affair which was weak in their later years but the finale was great :yeshrug:

edit: I'm drunk :mjgrin:

Oville

Pro
Daps
Keep seeing it here, checked and It's HBO so I have to ask. Is it good?

First two season's were great and leave a lot of mystery to think about. Third season was rushed and a lot of the questions the show had spent the first two seasons were tossed aside and never answered and the focus shifted to the most basic and uninteresting aspect of the story.

I personally hate when shows build up an interesting world with mysteries and cliff hangers and then never answer those questions and act like it was always just about "the characters" when they spend seasons cock teasing you about shyt that's way more interesting.

But that's just me.

Last edited:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Just finished. Gotta say this last season was good but not great. The ending was OK, it made sense and everything but it was just dragged out for no reason IMO. We could have gotten to the 4th personality thing in an hour we didn't need two.
I was just more into the show for the hacking, Black Army vs F Society vs E Corp. angle. The mental illness part just doesn't resonate with me personally.
Still a great show but what the main subject matter wound up being wasn't as interesting as the sub plot I guess.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Just finished. Gotta say this last season was good but not great. The ending was OK, it made sense and everything but it was just dragged out for no reason IMO. We could have gotten to the 4th personality thing in an hour we didn't need two.
I was just more into the show for the hacking, Black Army vs F Society vs E Corp. angle. The mental illness part just doesn't resonate with me personally.
Still a great show but what the main subject matter wound up being wasn't as interesting as the sub plot I guess.
United states of tara hacking version is what this all turned out to be